Chapter 44

A couple hours had passed and the group of teens were still stuck inside their yellow prisons. Atlas was still playing his video games and chugging metal barrels filled with oil. All of the titans kept their guards up while Perci laid down with her feet up against the barrier.

"So...who's taking first watch?" Perci asked. "First watch?! You mean we're gonna be stuck here forever?!" Beast Boy started to panic. "Easy, Beast Boy. We'll find a way out. But until then, I'll take first watch." Robin volunteered.

With a stretch and a yawn, Perci spoke up. "I'll take second watch. Maybe I can annoy the mechanic enough to figure out a weak spot in these things." Perci stated while tapping the barrier with one of her uninjured knuckles.

Across the room, Atlas chugged another barrel full of oil before crushing it against his head and tossing it back towards the mechanic.

"Mechanic! More oil!" Atlas yelled to the man. The mechanic quickly hovered over to his boss with a brand new barrel. He handed it to the robot and he quickly stared to drink it before spitting it back out into the mechanic's face. The titans all grimaced in disgust at the gesture.

"This is cold, human! Bring me warm oil!" Atlas yelled and the mechanic looked down in defeat. While looking down his eyes wandered over to the teenagers. His eyes locked with Robin's and he finally understood what the leader was trying to say.

"Get it yourself." The mechanic said making Perci let out a soft gasp that was quickly followed by a stifled laugh. Robin glanced at the girl as a half smile formed on his cheeks. Perci eagerly shuffled around onto her knees pressing her hands against the barrier trying to get a better look at whatever was about to unfold. He definitely noticed just how excited she was to see the man stick up for himself.

"What was that? No human tells Atlas what to do." The robot man said before hoisting the human up and throwing him across the room into a wall. Perci and Beast Boy all grimaced at the action. They definitely knew that feeling all too well. Starfire covered her eyes with her hands so she wouldn't have to see what would happen. Her curiosity got the best of her though as she peeked through her fingers. Robin and Raven stared at the man emotionless.

"You sure about that?" The familiar voice made the group of teens immediately perk up. They all were surprised and thrilled to see Cyborg standing there.

"I'm human, and I'm telling you to let my friends go." Cyborg said as he cracked the mechanical knuckles in his hand.

"Cyborg!" Beast Boy said leaning against the yellow barrier. "Yes!" Robin yelled as he held a confident stare. "Woo! Fuck him up, Cy! Fuck him up! Fuck him up!" Perci cheered as she banged on the barrier with an overly excited smile.

Everyone watched as Atlas and Cyborg ran at each other. The teens cheering as Cyborg landed a solid punch to the robot sending him into the large tv. Atlas refused to give up as he sent multiple attacks towards Cyborg, but the half man half robot was able to dodge them all easily.

Well, that was until Atlas hit Cyborg with a ruthless upper cut sending him flying back. The group cheered as Cyborg quickly got up and dodged Atlas' next attack.

The mechanic stood by the teenagers prisons with an unsure look covering his face. Robin and Perci were quick to notice as they crouched down so they were more on his level.

"He doesn't respect you." Robin said and Perci let out a soft tsk. "He doesn't even like you." Perci said with her head placed against her hand. "Why do you serve him?" Robin asked.

"I have no choice. Atlas is stronger than me." The man's voice came out defeated making Perci raise a brow at him. "Him? Stronger than you?" Perci said and the man turned to her confused.