Chapter 21

Perci walked over to where the other teen titans were. Cyborg was helping Tram with his submarine, Raven was levitating reading a book, and Starfire was sat on the ground watching Cyborg and Tram work. Perci sat herself on the cold ground between Raven and Starfire.

Perci's skin on her thigh separated revealing the tangle of roots that was under the surface. She carefully reached her hand inside and pulled out a brand new deck of cards. A small thorn came out of her finger as she cut the plastic wrap. Starfire's eyes wandered over to Perci as she opened the pack placing the jokers next to her. Perci split the deck before bending each half of cards to make them easier to shuffle.

Perci smiled softly as she felt Star's gaze on her. "Wanna play?" She asked. Starfire gave a happy nod and giggle. "Yes, I very much so would!" She said and Perci returned the soft giggle as she turned to face her friend. "Have you played any card games before?" "I have not. How do you play?" Star asked softly as she watched Perci skillfully shuffle the cards. "There are lots of different games we can play. My personal favorites are bullshit-" Perci said only for Starfire to gasp. "Your favorites are not the bullshit, Perci! They are very important!" Star said making Perci giggle as she shook her head no.

"No, that's just the name of one of the games." Perci explained and Starfire blushed. "O-oh...what other game of cards do you enjoy?" "There's bullshit, go fish, poker, black Jack, Egyptian rat slap-" "Don't forget about war." Both girls looked up to see Robin standing next to both girls. "Mind if I join?" He asked and Starfire quickly grabbed his arm pulling him to sit.

"I haven't played war in years." Perci said as she shuffled the cards again. "Why would they name a game of cards the war?" Starfire asked and both teens shrugged their shoulders. "I'm not really sure." Robin said watching as Perci shuffled the cards using a bridge method. "I still don't get how you do that." Robin said making Perci smirk. "Wow, the boy wonder, master of multiple martial arts, still can't shuffle cards." Robin rolled his eyes behind his mask but he still had a smile on his face.

"Do you want to watch us play a few rounds so we can explain the rules to you better, Star?" Perci asked and Starfire nodded before moving closer to Robin. "Deal me in already so I can win." Robin said with a smirk and Perci rolled her eyes. "We playing like old times?" She asked as she started to deal out the cards. "After last time? Thanks, but I'll pass." Robin said as Perci shrugged her shoulders. "Your loss wonder boy."

Perci finished dealing out the cards and both teens grabbed their stack. Perci quickly straightened her cards out before shuffling her stack a couple more times. Robin on the other hand took his time getting his half of the deck ready. Both teens quickly explained the rules to Starfire as they started playing.

"This game is honestly based on luck. Unless you play with Robin." Perci said sending a smirk to her opponent. "What does she mean Robin?" Starfire asked as she looked over his shoulder. "Robin likes to cheat at this game." "I don't cheat." Robin said trying to defend himself making Perci laugh.

"Oh, yeah, sure you don't, Robin." Perci said as she collected the cards in front of them. "Don't listen to her, Star. I don't cheat." Robin said and Perci rolled her eyes. "I've literally caught you cheating multiple times!" "That was years ago, Perci." Robin said with a soft laugh at her outburst. "I do not understand. Why would you do the cheating, Robin?" "Yeah, wonder boy. Why would you do the cheating?" Perci asked with a smirk as Robin collected the cards in the center. "I didn't cheat, but if I did I'm sure I had my reasons." Robin said smirking back at the girl.

Perci rolled her eyes when both players placed down kings. Robin and Perci both stared down at the King of spades and the King of hearts between them. "You sure you don't want to play with our old rules?" Perci asked and Robin gave her a smile. "If I win this one you admit I never cheated." Robin said as he held a cocky grin. "If I win you admit you used to cheat." Perci said with a smirk as she extended her hand out to the hero in front of her. Robin shook her hand sealing their deal.