Chapter 22

A few weeks had gone by since (Y/n) had officially left the Teen Titans. She noticed a lot more crime had surfaced and she kept track of who the Titans seemed to face. A few of their larger fights being against their still unknown nemesis, Slade.

Night Shade had been waiting for about fifteen minutes for her clientele to arrive. She glanced once more at the watch on her wrist only going to give it a few minutes more before bailing. Just as she was about to leave they appeared.

The figure in front of her was rather tall clad in dark metal and black fabric. Half of his mask made of copper and the other a dark metal. The man did intimidate Night, but she would never let it show.

"You're late." She said with her black leather covered hands crossed over her chest. "My apologies." Was all the man said as they stayed a good couple feet away from each other. "I had a...situation that needed to be taken care of." The man in front of her said. The girl only smirked under her mask as she knew exactly the situation he had made for the Teen Titans. The man stared at the girl up and down making her uncomfortable.

"Is there some sort of problem with my appearance, Slade?" Night Shade asked with a raised brow. "Not at all. You're just not what I had been expecting. You seem rather...young." He said with what seemed like malice dripping from his mouth. "If you're referring to the outfit, an old hero has decided to resurface after years of being in hiding. Our outfits resembled each other and I was getting unwanted attention because of it. I might be young, but that doesn't mean my information isn't worth the price."

Night Shade had decided to retire her old long green cloak and instead replaced it with a small black hood. The hood was attached to pieces of leather that wrapped around her torso going over her white cropped tank top. She kept her old black combat boots, fishnets, and black shorts as she added a leather belt and pouch that hung on her waist.