Chapter 5

A few days had gone by since the Blackfire incident. None of the titans seemed to want to talk about the girl except when bashing about her attitude. Robin and Star were the only ones that wouldn't join in. Raven, while not saying much, didn't necessarily agree with the girls ways. Star would just stay silent whenever they talked about her as she was extremely unsure of what to think of the girl. Robin on the other hand would simply ignore them or change the subject. Beast boy, Cyborg, and Star had all tried pressing him for answers only to receive the same answers. "It doesn't matter right now." "I don't know what you're talking about." "Guys, focus." The same excuses left his mouth repeatedly and they ended up giving up on trying to get answers from him.

However, it hadn't stopped the titans from digging more information up on the girl. The three all shared the information they had found on the girl only to all have found the same useless amount of information.

"You're telling me we each spent days trying to find out more on this lady only to come up with stuff we already knew?!" Beast Boy yelled before falling back onto the couch defeated. "There's no way that that's all the information on her." Cyborg said while Star let out a soft sigh. "This truly is all we could find. The Night that is Shade arrived about a year ago. No one knows where she has come from. People say she is the super villain, but there is evidence of her doing the heroic acts just like there is evidence of her doing the villainous acts." Star said as she stared down at the information defeated as well.

"Well we know someone that knows more about her. The only thing is getting him to crack." Cyborg said with a smirk while rubbing his hand against his chin mischievously. "And how do you suggest we do that?" Beast boy asked perking up from the couch. "Not sure...but I'll find a way." Cyborg said with a smirk.

The day had continued on with a prank gone wrong, name calling, and two thunderous brothers.

The large fire created by a greater villain than the two brothers ravaged through the forest. The giant fire being burning everything in its path. A girl with a black face covering stared at the ever growing fire targeting the forest. 'Come on...come on...' She thought to herself eagerly waiting for someone to help the people running around her. The fire grew closer and larger towards the small campsite she had been at. She watched with wide eyes at the various amounts of people yelling around her when one broke her from her trance. "Someone! Please help my-" The girl didn't need to hear another word as she watched a man hold a woman back from running into the fire.

A mix of fear, determination, and frustration ran through her system as she let out a low growl meant for the so called heroes that were meant to handle the situation. No one noticed as the roots inside the girl's body made her disappear down into the ground. As she came up to the surface she was in the middle of where the woman was trying to run.

Smoke filled her body and the heat from the fire was unbearable. She looked around when she saw a little boy laying on the ground in a coughing fit. "Mama! Ma-mama!" He yelled out desperately through tears and coughing. The girl quickly ran towards the boy. "Stay right there!" She yelled out to him. Just as she was about to reach him a burning tree started to fall down. A gasp left the boy's mouth as he noticed the tree coming down towards him.

He closed his eyes in fear pleading that it would magically stop. In his state of fear and panic, he didn't even realize he had been picked up into someone's arms. The girl had grabbed the boy, pulling him into her chest. The tree fell with a loud thud. Their was a brief silence before it was filled with a mothers desperate screams for the young boy.

The man had effectively dragged her away just as branches and green leaves and stems appeared from the ground between the edge of the growing fire and the couple. The mother started to let out loud sobs as she noticed a girl running out of the green foliage holding her boy in her arm. The man let the woman go as they both ran up to the girl. "I-I believe this is yours." She said awkwardly as the mother scooped him up from her arms. "Oh! Thank you! Thank you!" The parents said and the girl stopped them.