Chapter 40

"AHHH! LET ME GO WOULD YA?!" A teenager in a red super suit yelled out in pain. "Not until you take it back!" The teenager on top of him shouted back. She was holding on arm and one leg behind his back as she held them in a painful position. "N-NEV-AH! OKAY! OKAY!" The girl smirked under her mask at the teenager with the ability of multiplication. "Say it!" "I-I HU-HUMBLY APOLOGIZE!" "For?" The girl asked as she pulled his limbs even closer. His limbs were extremely close to breaking. "AH! F-FOR SAYING YOU'RE AS USEFUL AS A SCREEN DOOR DURING A HURRICANE!! YOU HELP US P-PLENTY!"

"WOULD YOU TWO KEEP IT DOWN?! IM TRYING TO WORK HERE!" A kid in all green yelled from the table he was working on. Both teenagers glanced at him before glancing back at each other.

"Are you going to call me useless ever again, Billy?" Nightshade asked as her grip tightened on his limbs. "N-no, ma'am!" Billy Numerous said in defeat and the girl smirked under her mask. "That's what I thought." She said as she let him go. A relieved gasp leaving Billy's mouth as his limbs hit the floor.

Nightshade stood up from the ground and walked over to the desk where Gizmo was working. "Whatcha got for me, techno genius?" Night asked as she stared down at the various bits of technology that she didn't fully understand.

"I've rewired the entire central system. Got what you've asked for, and added a few touches that I think you'll enjoy." Gizmo said with a proud smirk before pointing over to a small box full of other technological pieces. "That is for you. All I ask is that you send me a video of you beating up the loser that made these things." Gizmo said and Night smiled under her mask.

"You're the b-" Night ended up getting cut off by her phone going off. With a groan she pulled the device out of her pocket and looked at the name on the screen. "I swear to fucking-what do you want?" Night said pressing the phone to her ear as she took a few steps away from the H.I.V.E students.

"I need-" Night didn't give the other person on the line the chance to answer as she cut them off. "If you're going to try and talk to me about earlier, I don't want to hear it." Her annoyance flowed through the phone to who she was talking to.

"That's not what I-" "I really don't need to be getting chewed out by the Boy Wonder himself! He needed to be taught a very crucial lesson, and I delivered." Those two words made Billy and Gizmo stare at Night confused. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have some very important business to attend t-" "It's Terra." Robin said finally interrupting her.

"Okay...? What does that have to do with me?" Night asked only to hear Robin fighting with someone in the background.

"Perci! Please! You've gotta help us find her!" The voice on the phone sounded worried and panicked. "Beast Boy? H-hold on, slow down!" Night said trying to calm down the hero as he rambled incoherently into the phone. Billy and Gizmo becoming even more confused as they heard her mention the green hero.

"She's gone! You have to help us find her!" Beast Boy practically yelled before another argument happened between Robin and him. "What the hell did you do to the poor girl? Did Beast try to give her tofu? I told him that's not a good first date gift." Night said as she thought about the multiple relationship conversations she'd had with the hero.

"A-actually, it was my fault." Robin admitted taking Night by surprise. "Your fault? What did the absolutely perfect Boy Wonder do?" "Night-" "No, no...I think we should run down the list of things you could've possibly done." "We don't-" "Let's see, there's-" "I said something about her not having control over her powers." Night was able to hear the shame and disappointment in his voice.

"That's it?" "What?" "That's it? Were you like mean about it?" "I-I don't think I was. All I said was that she'll be even stronger once she gets control over her powers. Beast Boy says it was supposed to be a secret." What the hero said made Night pause. "It was supposed to be a secret?" She asked genuinely confused. She was able to figure it out rather quickly that the girl couldn't control her powers.