Chapter 6

The titans and Night Shade had made it back to the tower. The team had all dispersed and Night looked around the tower surprised by the size of it. Cyborg and Beast boy were quick to start playing a video game together. Raven used her magic to move the large leaf hood away from Night's injuries. She winced in pain at the feeling of movement. Raven raised her hands towards Night's arm, when she suddenly jerked away. "What are you doing?" Night asked defensively as she glared at Raven. "I was going to heal parts of your arm." Raven said glaring back. "You should let her. Raven is our healer." Robin said next to Night and she let out a sigh. Night held her arm out and Raven held her hands over the burnt area. Night was surprised as the large amounts of pain washed away. "U-uh...thanks." Night said softly. "I was only able to heal the surface burns. The rest is up to you." She said in her normal bored tone.

Raven then sat on the far side of the couch away from Cyborg and Beast Boy starting to read a book. "Cmon, let's get your arm taken care of." Robin said while receiving a nod from the girl. "May I accompany you?" Starfire asked. Robin turned his head waiting for a response from Night. She gave a soft nod making Starfire smile.

(Y/n)'s pov:

The three of us made it to what I assumed was their med bay. Starfire flew to the other side of the room grabbing a chair for me to sit on. "Uh...thanks." I said softly before sitting down. I heard a few different drawers open and shuffling going through them. I carefully reached up and started to remove the large leaf. I winced a few times as the leaf brushed against my burnt arm. "Do you need any-?" Starfire started to ask. "No!" I said harshly cutting her off before clearing my throat. "N-no...I got it." I said before finally prying it off.

A sigh left my mouth as my arm started to feel better from not having the weight on it. I watched as Robin pulled a chair up next to me. He was holding a small scalpel in his hand. "I can do this myself you know." I said harshly. "Just consider it part of the favor." Robin said softly while giving me a light smile. "Fine."

"Pardon me, but how will we do the helping with your arm?" Starfire asked making me turn my head to her. She was now standing over Robin's shoulder as she stared at my arm. "Easy...just gotta do a little gardening." I said trying to make light of the situation. "Just gotta cut off the dead, well, burnt pieces and it'll grow back in a few days." I said and she stared at my arm in a weird sort of awe. "Hey, Star, can you go grab us some gauze to wrap her arm with after? I couldn't find any in here when I was looking. Raven probably knows where some is." Robin said glancing at Star. "I will find the gauze for the Night that is Shade!" She said determined with a large smile before flying out of the room.

"Thanks." I said softly to Robin and he nodded. He was about to pierce my arm with the scalpel when I spoke up. "You're sure it's safe here?" I asked unsure. "I always keep my promises, remember?" Robin said giving me a reassuring smile and I couldn't help but think about how I kind of missed that smile. I gave him a slight nod before looking down at my lap.

The scalpel touched my arm and I immediately jumped from the feeling. My gaze hurriedly turned towards Robin. My breathing quickened from the feeling of the sharp tool. Looking at Robin, I noticed his hands up in defense while his eyes were wide as he stared at me. I instantly noticed the large thorns coming from the small crevasses in my body. "S-sorry...reflex. I've been the only one to really have to do this stuff. I'm not really used to someone else doing this, I guess." I said quietly as the thorns slowly made their way back into my body. "It's my fault. I didn't warn you." Robin said sitting back down next to me.

"So...how've you been?" Robin asked awkwardly as he carefully held my arm in his green gloved hand. "Do you really think this is a good time to be asking that?" I asked with a raised brow. "Just...making conversation." Robin said leaving an awkward silence. He started to cut away at the burnt part of my arm. "I don't know anything about him." I said only to have pain shoot up my arm. I let out a yell of pain as I pulled away from him. I had made it a few feet away from Robin, but the thorns from my body were still uncomfortably close to him.