Chapter 10

We hadn't been running for very long as we came up to the large blue garbage truck that had crashed. Starfire was quick to inspect every part of the truck. "Cyborg is not inside." She said as Robin held a device in his hand. "And his locator signal is being jammed. This doesn't make sense." Robin said as I bent down to a dandelion that was poking up between the cracks in the concrete. "This little guy didn't see anyone except Mumbo come out of the vehicle. You said his locator was acting up?" I asked and Robin nodded. "Maybe he's underground somewhere? It only takes a few feet underground to make someone lose signal for any devices they might have. My roots only go a few tens of feet below the city surface, and he's not anywhere in those regions. There's a good chance he might be farther down or somewhere I don't have access to." I said turning back to the others.

"I'm not sure if that's it." Robin said thinking hard as to what could've happened. "Why would Mumbo want to kidnap Cyborg?" Robin asked all of us. "Guys! Over here! I found something." Beast boy yelled. We all ran over to him as he held Mumbo's magician hat. "I wouldn't-" Robin was cut off as a huge swarm of white doves flew out of the hat leaving all of us covered in white feathers. "Way to go." Raven said annoyed. I pulled a large white feather out from between the branches in my skin before letting it fall to the ground. "At least it's just feathers and not something."

We'd been chasing Mumbo all throughout the city for who knows how long. "You know, I was kind of impressed by this guys powers and how well he sticks to his theme, but goddamn! This is just flat out annoying!" I said as I ran between Raven and Star who were flying. "Tell me about it." Raven said as she rolled her eyes. "Guys! Focus!" Robin said making me roll my eyes.

A bus disappeared and reappeared near us with a loud thud, and a mail box was running around letting white rabbits out. We all stopped as we watched the stranger things that were occurring around us. "I'll say this much for Mumbo, he's an easy act to follow." Beast Boy said with a smile and I couldn't help but let out a soft laugh. "That was a good one Beast Boy." I said and I noticed as he sent Raven a cocky grin.

"Oh I would commit myself to a life of muck shoveling in the filth mines of cornex if Cyborg could only be returned safely." Star said worrying for their friend. "He was malfunctioning. He shouldn't have been helping." Raven said and I noticed the guilt on Robin's face. "I tried to stop him, but he's Cyborg." Robin tried to explain. "Stop acting all sappy guys. If you keep acting like that then we really won't find him. We'll get him back." I said offering them a smile and they all nodded. "Mumbo Jumbo!" We heard our culprit yell in the distance.

We ran towards the source of the noise to see multiple atm machines spitting out money. And standing at the very last one was Mumbo himself. "Sorry folks-" Mumbo started to say as he gave a bow taking off his hat. His hat then acted like a vacuum sucking all of the money up. "No time for autographs." He said before running away. "Titans, get him!" Robin yelled and we all split up.

Branches came up from the ground and I used them to jump onto the roofs of the buildings. Thankfully from here I was able to see him clearly. Unfortunately, I wasn't the only one with the idea. Robin was on the buildings next to me running across them.

Raven, Beast Boy, and Starfire all had failed to get him, when it was finally Robin's turn. He jumped down from the roofs with his staff ready to fight. "Abracadabra!" Mumbo yelled making Robin's silver staff into a silver snake. I smirked at Robin as he yelled dropping the animal on the ground. Mumbo was about to run up a flight of stairs when I jumped in front of him. We both smirked at each other as we awaited each others attacks.

Deciding to be bold as I smirked at him. "I think it's time for the next act, Mumbo." I said as I raised my arms into the air. Stems and roots started to trap Mumbo starting from his ankles before going up and around his body. The plants formed a large tight ball around him capturing him entirely with almost no chance of escape. "And that's how you catch a-" A loud annoying high pitched laugh cut me off as I turned around to Mumbo running up the stairs behind me. "Wh-how did he-ugh!" I yelled as I made the plants go back into the ground. "What were you gonna say? That's how you catch a what?" Beast boy said while a branch popped out of my forehead and thorns poked out only a couple inches from my body. "This guy should really just stick to street magic." I said as we all continued to run after Mumbo.