Chapter 7

Third pov:

A loud yawn left Beast Boy's mouth as he left his room. He scratched his head tiredly taking a deep breath. He suddenly sniffed the air confused before a bright smile appeared on his face. "Cy, must already be up making breakfast!" Beast Boy said to himself making his way towards the kitchen. He was about to walk in when a voice coming from the kitchen made him stop.

"I'm going to be late on my delivery this week...y-yes I-" Beast boy peeked his head around the corner to see Night Shade standing in the kitchen. The room was extremely dark and the only lights coming from the kitchen. He glanced confused at the blackout shade that was down over their large window. Night Shade was in what he assumed was her pjs. He noticed all the food on the stove and her ear pressed against her shoulder while her one hand worked on the food she'd been making.

Beast Boy got distracted as a light laugh left her mouth. "I'm fine. I-I...you know I'm a bad liar." She said giving another small laugh. "But I'm going to be late on my delivery this week. I'm actually on my way out of town right now...again I'm fine. I just had a sort of thing pop up...no it's really nothing to worry about...It's not important enough to talk about but it's important enough to leave town...Hey I didn't disappear last time! I had a few errands to run and I forgot my charger...yeah, yeah, sure."

Beast boy noticed others watching the girl. He looked up and saw Cyborg and Star fire also peeking around the corner at the girl. "Who's she talking to?" Cyborg whispered making the others shrug their shoulders. "Is she the one making all the delicious smells?" Starfire asked and Beast Boy nodded. "What is she up to?" Beast Boy said still suspicious about Night and her intentions.

"Can you wait a few days for them or do you need everything now? Are you sure? Because I can easily pull a few strings and get those for you...alright, but I'm throwing in extra baby's breath, tulips, roses, and carnations-no! Don't fight me on this one. You're getting extras whether you like it or not. If you try to give me extra money for them, I'm giving it right back to you, and I'm adding more to the next order." Another light laugh came from her as she grabbed the phone from her shoulder and held it up to her other ear. The titans hid behind the corner as her side started to turn to where they were. "I'll call you when I'm on my way back...alright I'll call you every other day...you want me to call everyday? I've said it once and I'll keep saying it until you believe me. I didn't disappear off the face of the Earth. Will you drop the disappearing thing if I call you everyday? Okay, everyday it is then. Uhuh...okay...say hi to Beef for me and tell him he's an idiot. Okay, call you tomorrow." With that a light sigh left the girls mouth as she hung up the phone.

"Who were you on the phone with?" Cyborg said making the girl jump. Night turned around with thorns coming out about 6 inches from her body. As she noticed Beast Boy, Starfire, and Cyborg making the thorns retracted back into her body. "You guys scared the crap out of me." She said and the group was surprised to see how she looked.

There wasn't the normal black mask or anything covering her eyes. The group had stared at her for a few seconds making Night raise a brow at them. "You guys good?" She asked taking them out of their trance. "You are exceptionally pretty." Starfire said taking Night back in surprised. The three teammates watched as multiple bright dark pink roses erupted through her cheeks. The only thing keeping them still sort of in her body being small branches going through bits and pieces of her cheeks. "U-uh, thanks." Night said going to rub the back of her neck with her dominant arm before remembering she didn't have an arm.

"Who were you talking to?" Beast boy asked making Night stare at them as the roses in her cheeks disappeared. She shook her head slightly at the three in front of her. "That's not really any of your business, heroes." She said placing her hand on her hip. Her wrapped arm had tried to mirror her actions. "It's my business when it's in my tower." Cyborg said glaring at her. The reaction he got from Night Shade definitely wasn't what he expected.