Chapter 27

Robin was running after Slade on what looked to be a completely different planet than Earth. Both enemies jumping from rock to rock never seeming to slow down. Slade jumped down onto the ground with a thud and Robin followed right after him. Slade jumped once more and Robin followed landing with a roll to make sure he didn't accidentally hurt himself.

The hero looked all around him at the large rock formations trying to figure out where his enemy had gone. Slade made himself known as he walked from behind one of the rocks.

"Dangerous behavior, Robin. You must be very eager to see me." Slade said in his usual deep and serious tone as he walked towards the teen. "I'm flattered." Slade said making Robin's jaw clench in anger. "I'm not here to see you. I'm here to stop you." Robin said determination flowing through his every word. "Hmm...but how can you stop me when you don't even know what I'm planning?" Slade asked as he walked behind one of the rocks. Robin followed his every move with an angry glare. "Like this." Robin said before running to attack Slade.

Robin threw multiple punches and kicks towards his enemy, but Slade was able to dodge every single one while Robin only hit the rocks around them. Slade started fighting back, and Robin managed to dodge his attacks. The same back and forth went on for awhile before Robin pulled out his birdarangs. He threw them at Slade only for him to deflect them. The weapons managed to hit two of the large rocks and they came crumbling down to the ground knocking the other large rocks down with them.

Robin looked around waiting for the dust to clear as he searched for Slade. "Excellent, Robin. We appear to be evenly matched and equally ruthless." Slade's voice came from within the thick layer of dust. "Not surprising. You and I are so very much alike." Slade said as he snuck up behind Robin.

"I'm nothing like you!" Robin yelled as he turned around landing a solid blow to Slade. The villain fell back and Robin was quick to pull him up by his suit collar. "You're a criminal, a psychopath. All you care about is destruction." Robin said as his glare towards the man was as harsh as his tone.

"And all you care about...you destroy." Slade said gesturing to the side making Robin look over. What caught Robin's eyes was broken stone versions of his friends. His eyes trailed from Cyborg, to Raven, Beast Boy, and Starfire until only one was left. Robin felt his eyes shaking in disbelief as he stared at a broken stone version of Perci.

"No...who are you?!" Robin yelled as he ripped off Slade's mask. His eyes didn't believe him as he stared at himself letting out Slade's manic evil laugh.

Robin suddenly woke up with a gasp covered in a cold sweat. He took a few shaky deep breathes before the door to the newspaper covered room opened. "It's him." Robin looked over to see Cyborg leaning in. "It's Slade." With a soft nod, Robin followed Cyborg into their living room.

"Good morning, Teen Titans." Slade's voice came through their system as his face was displayed in front of them. "I do hope I didn't wake you." Beast Noy came into the room with a yawn as he stretched. "What are you? An insomniac? Who calls at 5 in the morning-ow!" Beast boy said as Raven nudged him hard with her elbow.

"What do you want?" Robin asked wanting Slade to get to the point of his call. "Well, that's precisely what you've been trying to figure out, isn't it? And in spite of all your efforts...you're still in the dark about my intentions. Disappointing, Robin." Slade said making Robin's glare turn down as he was disappointed in himself. "I expected a little more from you." "Like I care what you-" "But since you've been unable to discover my plan, I supposed I'll just have to reveal it myself." Slade said gesturing to something covered in a cloth behind him.

The robots with Slade quickly removed the cloth revealing a machine of some kind. "I'm sure you're all familiar with the concept of a Khronoton Detonator." Slade said as the machine opened up. "No!" Cyborg said as he stared at the device followed by a gasp from Starfire. "Uh-oh." Raven said with a sliver of worry in her voice. "No way!" Beast boy said before turning to Starfire. "Um...what's a crouton detonator?" He asked getting the name wrong.