Chapter 45

Robin raced through the city streets on his motorcycle. "Range to target." Robin said through the headset connected to his helmet. Raven and Cyborg were closing in while comfortably seated in the Titan car. "Five hundred and closing. Should have a visual any-" Cyborg start to say before Starfire interrupted him. "There he is!" Starfire said flying beside Beast Boy. "Correction. There it is." Raven said as she stared at the beast.

A giant spider with a human body attached to it turned to face Robin's bright headlights as it stood in front of a jewelry store. The Titan car pulling up not a moment later to back up Robin. The beast's eyes glared at the group as it raised a gun towards them.

A soft gasp left Robin's mouth right before the creature fired the weapon at them. Both vehicles easily dodged the attack while their tires left scuffs on the asphalt. The spider creature took its chance and jumped up and onto the roof of the building. The titans watched as the creature started to flee before quickly going after it.

A few streets over, a teenager the group of super heroes knew all too well stood at the entrance of one of the various calmer alleyways in the city. An excited smirk was placed under her mask as she glanced down at what Gizmo had fixed up for her. She adjusted the black wrist, arm, and knee pads on her body before looking down at her feet where a pair of checkered boots sat.

The girl looked both ways down the main road. It was as empty as it was going to get. With an excited smile, the girl tapped a button on the side of her left boot with the heel of her right. Her boots started to change as two pairs of wheels on each shoe formed. She got into a position to kick off her test ride as an excited smile was visible even under her masked mouth. Using her dominant hand, she gently pressed a small button on her wrist pad. As she did, two small but powerful rockets formed on the outsides of the skates. The moment the girl pushed off, the rockets turned on sending her speeding down the city streets. An excited yell leaving her mouth as she weaved between people and a few cars.