Chapter Sixteen

Garreth was blinking, completely astonished that she was speaking to him in such a manner. The only thing he had to say? "Who's Dolge Orlick?"

A groan escaped Sebastian as he finally revealed his presence and stood up. "Will you pick up a book for once, you daft idiot?"

"You sit." Eveline ordered, glaring at Sebastian. He smirked before sitting back down at her command. She continued, "You either tell me what's on this case or I swear to Merlin, I'll never help you with any of your reports again."

Lucian interjected this time, "Evie, he can't disclose anything when the case is still active. It's our case. If we need your help, we'll ask."

It was a fair response. She pressed her lips together, still angry despite everything and the sleep deprivation was making her less in control of her emotions. "I'm going to go patrol. Sebastian?"

"Yes, Pumpkin?" He poked his head over the wall, eyes gleaming with mirth as he spotted Garreth's bad tempered and sulky expression. "Good Morning, Gentlemen. Fine day isn't it?"

Eveline rolled her eyes and beckoned for him to follow, "Let's go."

"Yes, Ma'am."

Drinking with Cupid

Sebastian looked like a kid who had just visited Honeydukes for the first time. He even had a pep in his step as he walked beside her and as endearing as it sort of was, she was also not in a good mood.

"Care to explain why you're so bloody joyful." She inquired, her tone short.

He was all too happy to share. "Not only did you put Garreth in his place, but you also pointed out how you'd rather be courted by Dolge Orlick. The hunched over, antagonist of Great Expectations. The very embodiment of evil that hates humanity." He smacked his forehead, "Merlin, if only Garreth realized you essentially would rather date literal scum than him; he would realize just how vehemently you turned him down."

His voice was so full of awe and amusement that despite her terrible disposition; Eveline found herself smiling. "You're over-exaggerating."

"Pumpkin, you and I both know that's not true." He glanced sideways at her with a half-smile on his face, "And the fact that he took a serious situation and made it about his one sided feelings again-I almost interjected. It's a good thing I didn't or you'd have bit my head off too."

Eveline shrugged lightly, "He should get the hint now, right?"

SHATTER.

She jumped, spinning around to see a a hexagonal window display case exploding into the street. Screams and shouts reverberated around the main walkway and a man jumped through the rubble holding a bag that was emanating croaking noises. Different roars sounded from inside the building and she spotted a female about her height with shoulder length brown jumping through the window, and tackling the wizard. Her face was set in determination as she tried to grab the bag away from him.

His wand reared up, "Depulso."

"Arrestum Momentum." Eveline shouted, stopping the woman from being slammed against the wall, "Sebastian!"