Chapter Twenty Seven

Sebastian chuckled, pulling her closer. "I'm all yours, Pumpkin. And you're mine. If Garreth Weasley tries to flirt with you in the office, I'm going to talk about how many times I've made you-"

"Sebastian."

Though she may have sounded irritated, they both knew she wasn't. She was overjoyed. She felt him kiss the top of her head before yawning. It was contagious because she yawned too and felt her eyelids grow heavy. She was almost asleep until there was a crash from down the hall. Sebastian stilled.

Someone was in the house.

A New Contender

Sebastian grabbed his trousers and wand, keeping his eyes locked on the doorway.

"Stay here." His voice was barely above a whisper as he slid them on silently, and headed out the door.

Eveline rolled her eyes. As if. She slipped on a thin robe that was hanging near the doorway along with her wand. The house was entirely dark with little moonlight flooding in to help light the way. She was in the hallway when she heard a loud thump followed by incomprehensible yelling. Two-no three voices reverberated around in the darkness until someone had the common sense to cast lumos.

"What are you doing here?"

It was a familiar voice that should not have been there. Eveline's eyes adjusted to the sudden light as she saw Garreth on the floor with a bloody lip, on his back, and with his hands raised in self defense. Sebastian was over him, grabbing the front collar of his Auror uniform, and his fist raised. Lucan was near the doorway with a regrettable expression and his wand illuminating the room. Eveline turned on the lights.

Sebastian's voice was sharp, "I could say the same for you."

"We tracked someone down related to our case here." Garreth snapped, trying to move Sebastian's hand from around his collar, but it wouldn't budge.

He looked over and his eyes widened, seeing her. Under his gaze, she felt exposed which was quite fair. After all, her hair was down and she was naked under a thin white robe that didn't hide much. The v-shaped neckline was in a needlepoint wavy pattern. Around under her bust were sheer flowers made of lacework that accentuated her chest and from there flowed straight down to above her thighs. Her sleeves were long and puffed out around the wrist with matching detailed flowers.

Garreth's voice went dry, "E-Evie."

"Eyes over here." Sebastian snarled before sparing her a brief glance, "Go change, Pumpkin."

She didn't hesitate, scurrying back into the bedroom and throwing on her uniform. The thicker material and actually wearing undergarments this time made her more comfortable to stand in front of her male colleagues. When she walked back into the living area, Sebastian was sitting in the stand alone chair while Lucan and Garreth were explaining to him about why they were there.

"-We found out that there's been a Dark wizard keeping watch on Evie." Lucan spoke up informing them. To Sebastian, he added, "You might recognize the name. Leander Prewett."

She couldn't see his face from where she stood behind him, but his shoulders didn't go rigid and he leaned back in his chair unimpressed. Even his voice was level, "The dumb bloke can barely put his robe on right. That doesn't explain why you're in her house."

Ah. Now she understood why he was still pissed off. It was a good question.

"Leander was trying to get in here and we weren't sure if there were more wizards with him." Garreth explained, eyes flickering to Eveline. "We didn't know we were...interrupting. Officer Singer is going to have you transferred-you can't be having sex with your colleague that you work on cases with."