Chapter Twenty Two

Anne helped clean the dishes before grabbing the crook of Ominis' elbow. "I just remembered that I need Ominis' buying a bottle of fire whiskey. We'll see you both tomorrow."

"I thought you didn't-" The door slammed, "-...drink." Eveline turned towards Sebastian. "She's really not subtle at all, is she?"

"Not in the slightest." He reflected wryly.

Two Times the Charm *MATURE READ*

They sat on the loveseat, facing each other in a relaxed manner. All the desserts had been eaten because Sebastian finished whatever was left. And now his stomach hurt from all the sugar.

"It's not my business and I won't pry just yet." She said cautiously, but her tone made his gaze sharpen. "Is keeping that night a secret really going to protect Anne and Ominis?"

He sighed, looking at her with another one of his unreadable expressions. "It won't only protect them now. Keeping it a secret protects you as well."

"That's so cryptic, Sebastian." Eveline pointed to herself, "I'm an Auror. I can handle more than you realize. Why don't you try opening up to me?"

"Did you miss the part where I said it protects you as well now?" Sebastian inquired.

Now? "What do you mean by that? Why would it protect me now?"

"Don't worry your pretty little head over it." Sebastian tried to look away, but she didn't let him.

She reached over, grabbed his face gently; one hand on either side of his face. "No. Tell me. What's changed? Why would keeping the secret of that night now apply to me as well? How could I possibly have anything to do with what happened?"

"It's not what you have to do with that night. It's what you are to me that's changed."

Eveline's breathing became uneven as she stared into Sebastian's brown eyes. This close, she could see specks of amber and a strong emotion...One she didn't recognize. She swallowed, hesitating. "And what's changed?"

"You're no longer a stranger. You're a friend." He observed and she purposely bit her lip. His mouth twitched and she licked along her bottom lip invitingly.

It was his turn for his breathing to become uneven and she smiled victoriously. "Friends don't have dirty thoughts about each other."

"The good ones do." He countered, grabbing her by the back of her thighs as she had been on her knees, and pulled her into his lap. She straddled him and squirmed on his lap. Sebastian's fingers dug into the back of her thighs and she raised her eyebrows as he spoke, "Don't squirm so much."

Her lip twitched, amused. Eveline shifted her hips again as he slipped his hand under her dress. He slowly trailed his hands over the back of her legs as she spoke, "Why not?"

Sebastian's hands rested on her behind as he rocked his hips forward and she felt him against her. He was already hard. "That's why."

Eveline felt a surge of pleasure when he rocked his hips against hers. She mimicked the action with her hips against him and he threw his head back. The pleasure was mutual. "You don't seem to mind."

"Ev." He warned darkly, rubbing teasing circles into her hips. She wanted to feel those fingers lower. "I mind a lot."

"Do you? Because you're holding on quite tight to keep me in place." Eveline accused, relishing in the feeling of Sebastian's large hands on her.