Chapter Twenty Six

A laughed escaped her and she wiped her eyes, "You can never be serious, can you?"

"Not when I'm terrified of losing you." He exhaled, running another hand through his hair, "This is priceless what Victor has been waiting for. Eveline you need to push me away. I don't have the strength to do it. Not when I'd sooner give up air to breathe than leave you."

She raised her eye brows, "You're not getting rid of me. I'm here for as long as you want me."

Sebastian pulled out his wand. "Pumpkin, I refuse for you to end up like Cora did. Dead and tortured in her bedroom."

"T-Tortured?" She stammered, "What do you mean?"

"You won't lose me, Eveline. I'll always love you. I'll always be in love with you. But this is goodbye." His tone was final and she felt the tip of his point against her temple.

Anxiety flourished as she stared at his pained expression, "Sebastian, what are you-"

"Obliviate."

Head Rush *MATURE READ*

As soon as the spell left Sebastian's tongue, Eveline used wand less magic to hurl herself backwards. She slammed against the loveseat cushions which wasn't the worst thing considering she could have slammed into the bookshelf, and that would have pissed her off. Not to say she wasn't already fuming.

Whipping out her wand, she pointed to the floor, "Glacius." She expected Sebastian to dart out of the way which now as he did, he slipped ungracefully on the ice. "Expelliarmus. Arrestum Momentum." She Accio'd his wand to her hand as she looked down at Sebastian who was unable to move on the ground.

Eveline knelt down, her cheeks red with anger. "I'm going to count that ordeal as us being even for the slug charm. That was your one free get out of Azkaban card. If you ever try to mess with my memory again, I'm going to to shove an Amortentia down your throat and watch as you beg Garreth Weasley for sex in public. Do you understand?"

He couldn't nod, but he gritted out, "Yes, Pumpkin." She called off the incantation and jumped in surprise as he pulled her into his lap. He sighed and looked at her with a frown. "You couldn't have let it hit you?"

She wrinkled her nose, still irritated. "Do you think it'd work on you?"

"No. I could lose my memory a thousand times and still fall in love with you over and over again." He reflected. Understanding bloomed on his face as he realized what she was alluding to.

"Then why the bloody hell do you think it'd work on me?" She poked his cheek; knowing the action annoyed him repeatedly in order to emphasize her point, "Victor killed that woman under the illusion you loved her. It doesn't matter if you did or didn't love me. He will try to kill me eventually." She felt his hands grip her thighs as rage seized him. "I've spent the past few years training to fight. And I have an attractive partner to keep me safe."

He didn't smile. "That attractive partner is the reason you're in danger."

"That means we have work to do." Sebastian raised an eyebrow, curious as she went on, "Our primary case is figuring out who's in league with Rookwood at the office. Secondary case is trying to make sure he doesn't kill me in the process. But if we garner enough evidence against him, we can put them both or however many people are involved in Azkaban, and then our worries are over."