⟡ 𝔻𝕒𝕥𝕖? ⟡

Jeongin pov
Third person

Jeongin began to notice Rina in school a lot more. In the halls, in classes, and of course lunch where she seemed to stick around Seungmin a lot more often. Whenever Seungmin even tried to talk with Jeongin, Rina would immediately intercept the conversation.

He couldn't deny he wasn't mad, but he couldn't do anything about it. Rina came from a rich family, and had connections with Seungmin. He couldn't risk saying something and losing Seungmin and his trust.

It was lunchtime, a Friday before the three day weekend. The school gave them a three day weekend every month- which Jeongin was very thankful for.

Rina was sitting with the friend group for the third time this week, snuggling close to Seungmin. Students who strolled by giggled at how cute they thought the two were, making Jeongin and the rest of the group more uncomfortable.

Everytime Rina came over- or even heard her voice- it made Jeongin sick to the stomach. He hated her. He never really hated anyone- he had no reason to. But now- he felt pure hatred. He wanted her to get away, to leave Seungmin alone. But of course, he didn't have the guts to do anything like that.

"Seungmin, you're so handsome~" she cooed, leaning on him and smiling with her fake sweet smile that Jeongin despised. He nodded, giving a weak smile before going back to his phone.

Jeongin felt jealousy creeping up on him, trying to focus on his food. He wanted to drown himself in his music, but he knew Felix would be sad if he distanced himself again.

He looked at the "couple", watching as Seungmin held Rinas hand on her lap as she snuggled by him. He wished it were him. He didn't even try to deny it now- he wished he were the one next to Seungmin, holding his hand, laughing with him. He swallowed, trying not to cry.

The bell rang signaling the end of lunch, and the boys started packing up. Felix came over to Jeongin which he was putting his backpack on, tapping his shoulder.

"Uhm, so Hyunjins sitting with us on Tuesday for lunch... just telling you."

Jeongin nodded, wondering if Hyunjin would treat his best friend well. If he didn't he would have to make him leave. Not like he had the confidence to- he would probably make Han do it.

While Jeongin was walking back to the school with Minho, Han, and Felix, he felt Seungmin tap him on the shoulder.

"Can I talk to you?"

Rina was nowhere to be found- he assumed that she went off with her friends to go to her next class. He nodded, staying a bit behind and signaling Felix to go ahead. Soon it was just the two, slowly walking back as clutters of students walked by them.

"I'm sorry about Rina," He whispered, "She's just really clingy- and I can't really get rid of her."

Jeongin nodded, understanding it wasn't Seungmins fault. He didn't want to be rid of her any less than Jeongin did.

"...Are you free tomorrow?"

Jeongin almost froze, looking up at Seungmin. He had his hands balled in his pockets, not looking at the other boy. He slowly nodded.

"I wanna take you somewhere... is that okay?"

'Did he just ask me out?'

"It's okay if you don't want to, I was just wondering-" He said quickly.

Jeongin tugged at his shirt, and nodded as he gave a small smile. Seungmin sighed in relief, smiling back at him.

"I'll text you the info later."