⟡ ℙ𝕦𝕡𝕡𝕪 ⟡

No one pov
Third person

Seungmin walked down the sidewalk, holding the leash which was attached to a small puppy.

"Slow, Sumi."

The puppy barked shortly in response, sniffing around the freshly grown grass. She picked up a stick in her mouth, turning to Seungmin and wagging her tail.

He smiled at her, kneeling to pet her. She nuzzled in his hand, doing a small turn. Her attention slowly got diverted, dropping her stick.

She saw a squirrel chewing on a nut, and barked at it. She suddenly bolted, the leash snapping out of Seungmins hand.

"Sumi!" He called, the puppy ignoring him and chasing the squirrel down the street and into the woods.

"Shit..!" He cursed under his breath, quickly standing up and running after her. He panted, difficult to run in the heat. He had his sweatshirt on, making the heat worse for him.

He followed the noises, but loosing track of the puppy after a while. He panted, getting onto a trail near the woods.

"Sumi!!" He called, waiting for a dog to come bounding towards him. He bit his lip, walking down the path and calling her name over and over.

Sumi barked at the squirrel who ran up a tree, seeing to chitter down at her. She quickly lost interest, sniffing at the environment around her.

She turned around, noticing her human not being with her. She barked a few more times, seeing if he was nearby.

She whined, lost. She sniffed around the air, trying to find his scent. Her nose picked up on a familiar scent, tail wagging at the discovery. She ran towards in, sniffing along the way trying to locate it.

She ran out of the woods, into a field. She saw a boy, barking excitedly. She ran towards him, barking and running in circled at his feet.

The boy yelped, jolting. Sumi barked, wagging her tail. The boy kneeled down, Sumi coming to lick his face.

"Wah!" He said, giggling.

Sumi barked, hopping around.

"Hey puppy," He said, "Are you lost?"

Sumi tilted her head, questioning him.

"You look a lot like..." He held her collar, reading the label on it, "Oh."

"Hi Sumi," He said, "Where's Seungmin..?"

She barked lightly, Jeongin looking around for him. He hummed.

"I guess I'll bring you home then, Sumi."

He stood up and took her leash, and started walking towards his house.

Seungmin stood in front of the door quietly, rehearsing what he would say in his head if he ran into his parents. His stomach churned of anxiety, as he used his key and open the door to his house.

He walked into the kitchen quietly, sighing in relief.

"Hey Seungmin," Eunha said.

"Noona," He said seriously. She paused, putting the dishes she was washing down.

"I lost Sumi," He said in a whisper.

Eunhas eyes widened, "Like, she ran away?"

"I- I was crouching down to pet her, and she saw a squirrel and bolted. I tried calling her but she didn't come-"