⟡ ℙ𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕤 ⟡

No one pov
Third person

Ms. Yang woke up early, yawning. It was a Saturday, which meant usually the kids would be up a lot later. She got up, placing the blanket over her husband before going downstairs.

When she reached the kitchen, she saw the brown haired boy sitting at the kitchen island with a glass of water.

"Oh, Seungmin," She said smiling, "You're up early."

He nodded, "Since you let me stay over on such a short notice I thought I'd help with breakfast. And as a thank you for yesterday."

"Oh you didn't need to," She said, going to the kitchen to get some pans.

Seungmin stood up going to help, "It's the least I could do. What are we making?"

Ms. Yang smiled, grabbing some ingredients from the cabinets.

"I was planning on homemade pancakes. Ever made them before."

Seungmins face lit up, "Yeah, me and my sister made them together a lot."

"That's great!"

She started measuring ingredients, Seungmin only watching for a bit. She started mixing the wet ingredients together, turning to Seungmin.

"Could you start on the wet ingredients? I have a list here."

She handed him the list all the measurements, him nodding. He accordingly got the ingredients, grabbing some bowls from a cabinet. He skillfully measured the flour, sprinkling the perfect amount of salt and pouring the sugar in.

Ms. Yang watched as she stirred the eggs in, smiling at how careful he was with it. Once they both finished stirring, Seungmin put the bowl next to her and poured in half of the mix to stir first.

"I'm surprised you know to do that," She smiled, "Not everyone does."

"I spent a lot of my free time learning these things."

"I see," She said, "Do you think you could get some fruits out of the fridge? Jeongin and his brothers like having fruit and whipped cream with their pancakes."

Seungmin nodded, getting fruits from the fridge. He picked out some strawberries and blueberries, and the whipped cream bottle too. He placed them on the counter.

"Do you mind chopping them? However you want to do them. Knives are in the silverware drawer."

Seungmins heart dropped at the word of knives, swallowing but nodding as he went to get one. He opened the drawer, taking a breath before taking the smallest one. It felt so weird to hold one again.

He was out of the abusive household, but his thoughts weren't fully gone yet. He walked over, placing on a cutting board and grabbing some fruits.

He grabbed the knife again, trying to calm himself and cut the strawberries. No big deal. Ms. Yang looked over, noticing his uncomfortable face as he tried to do the task. She walked over, placing a hand on his and gently taking the knife out of his hands.

"If you don't feel comfortable with it, you don't have to," She said, smiling gently.

He sighed in relief, but also in disappointment to himself.

"I'm sorry," He said, lowering his head, "I can't even do a simple task like this."

She shook her head, "It's difficult especially with your past. It's okay if you can't yet. Take your time."

Seungmin smiled gratefully, Ms.Yang rubbing his hand with her thumb once more before letting go.

She smiled, "Could you grab the pan instead? It's the big one in that drawer."