⟡ 𝕊𝕦𝕟𝕤𝕖𝕥 ⟡

Jeongin pov
Third person

(I recommend listening to "never ending story" by Stray Kids during this chapter. I'll cue in when the music should start!)

Jeongin felt a cold chill run through his body, lightly shivering from the evening wind. It was summer, yet the evenings were still cold. He rubbed his arms, goosebumps lining them. He sat down, watching the pre sunset.

He heard footsteps behind him, the long grass making light brushing noises. He turned around, seeing Seungmin standing there with his hands in his pockets.

The wind flew his hair, making his brown strands fly into his face. He quietly sat next to Jeongin, feeling the wind hitting their skin as they sat there.

"Jeongin-ah," Seungmin said quietly.

Jeongin's heart pounded from hearing Seungmin say his name again. He missed it. He nodded, answering him non-verbally.

"I'm sorry," He said.

Jeongin stayed silent, Seungmin turning to him. They locked eyes, his apologetic eyes gazing deeply into his.

"I didn't mean to... do what I did."

Jeongin turned back to the horizon, silent.

"Why..? Why did you do it..?" He could still feel the stinging on his face, from that horrible day. He could still hear the sounds, smell the scents, feel the pain...

"I don't know," Seungmin took a breath, "I didn't want to."

"They why..?"

"Jeongin," Seungmin said quietly, "I think it's time I tell you everything. I have been... hiding things. I didn't want to pile it on you. Make you feel responsible for me."

Jeongin stayed quiet, waiting for Seungmin to continue.

(Start the song!)

"Mama!!"

A young boy 6 year old boy ran into the kitchen, holding a piece of paper. He excitedly giggled, holding it behind him to show the surprise.

"Look what I drew!!"

"You little WHORE!!"

Seungmins face dropped, seeing his mom stumbling backward, holding her arm. She stumbled against the counter, his dad standing on the opposite side of the kitchen.

"Why did I marry you??!! I should have fucking gone for someone else!!"

Seungmin swallowed, confused at what was happening. His eyes darted between his parents, unable to comprehend the noises.

"It's all your fucking fault. We could have had so much of a better life if you didn't go and get PREGNANT!!"

"YOU MADE ME PREGNANT!!"

"YOU COULD HAVE GONE ON BIRTH CONTROL!! OR ABORTION!! Heck, GIVE THEM UP FOR ADOPTION!"

"THEY'RE OUR KIDS!"

"AND?? ONES WHO CAN'T EVEN GET A GOOD GRADE IN SCHOOL??"

He watched his dad push past him, leaving him and his mom in the now silent kitchen. He held onto his drawing tightly, watching his mom silently cry at the table.