Chapter 1 - Aftermath

CHAPTER NOT EDITED

Chapter 1 – Aftermath

Chad's POV

Three months. It had been three months since Alyssa left and I haven't heard anything at all from Adrian. Today was the last day that we would mourn the loss of our King, which means today is the day we get to go home.

Alexis and I had left the castle to hunt down those who had been causing problems. All over the planet there have been uprisings. Without a King or Queen, they were pretty much lost, or so they thought. Word had gotten out that the Queen was missing, and that fuelled their cause.

Blake had to take over the position of ruler until Alyssa was found. A position none of us wanted, but he took anyway because he felt guilty.

We arrived home a little after dark. None of the servants wanted to come near me, because I was in a foul mood. Even the guardians walked on eggshells around me. The past three months had changed me. I lost my brother and it seems I also lost my best friend who turned out to also be my brother.

Alexis had been there with me every step of the way. She never left my side, and although we sometimes travelled across the planet for days without stopping, she never complained.

"Where the fuck is everybody?"

"It is after dark Chad, they weren't expecting us," Alexis said.

"Didn't we call?" He whirled on me. "I told one of those stupid good for nothing guardians to call!" He bellowed.

"Don't you look at me like that Chadmar Luke Ryonan! This was not my fault!" She glared at me and I glared right back. The guardians had already started backing away. They didn't want to be a part of whatever argument my mate and I was about to have.

"I hate it when you do that."

"Do what?"

"Undermine me in front of them."

"I didn't undermine you."

"You called me Chadmar."

"It's your name isn't it?"

"One I no longer use. Damn it Alexis!" I pulled her into my arms.

"How is it today?"

"A six," I responded.

"We'll work on it. How about I draw us a bath while you undress, and then we can go brief Blake and get some food?"

I kissed her. There was only one thing on my mind right now, and it was neither food nor a bath. She sighed and returned the kiss. It wasn't soft and gentle. It was rough. I needed this. I needed her.

"I need you Alexis." I broke the kiss.

"You have me," she responded.

I growled and attacked her lips again. I took her right there in the front parlor fast and hard. She never complained and she never asked me to stop. Not even when I bit into her flesh drawing blood. She just stroked her hand through my hair when I finally found my release and rested against her panting.

"Better?" She asked.

God I love her!

"Being with you always makes it better."

"Good," she smiled. "Now let's go shower."

Alexis's POV

I told Chad to shower first. I needed to make a call. This had gone on long enough and it’s time I fixed it once and for all. He answered on the third ring.