Chapter 12 - Guilt

CHAPTER NOT EDITED. I KNOW IT'S SHORT BUT I DECIDED TO CUT THIS CHAPTER IN TWO SINCE THE LAST HALF WASN'T FINISHED JUST SO THAT I COULD UPLOAD.

Chapter 12 - Guilt

“You better have a damn good explanation why you are in my bedroom looking at my mate’s naked body Adrian!”

“WellIcametoseememybestfriendofcourse.”

He swirled the contents in his bottle around before taking a sip. Alexis seemed to have overcome her fright of storms because she was on her feet in an instance.

“What did he say?” She looked at me before glaring at him. “Is he drunk? You have got to be kidding me!”

“I said,” his words slurred, “I came to see my best friend.”

Chad had gone quiet and Adrian took another sip.

“No fucking way! This is not happening right now.”

I seemed to have drawn Adrian’s attention. He looked at me from head to toe. “You do know you’re naked right?”

I stalked over to him with me hands on my hips. “It’s nothing you haven’t seen before. Now answer me, “Are you drunk?”

He shrugged. “You speak the truth. You are a wise woman Alexis. If I wasn’t spoken for I might take you up on your offer.”

“Stop looking at her like that!” Chad snapped. He quickly made his way to the closet and threw me one of his shirts. ‘What the hell is wrong with you? I’ve never seen you drunk in all the years I’ve known you.” Chad said.

"It’s barely past midday and you’re drunk. What the hell are you drinking?”

“Burbon.”

I tried to take the bottle from him, but he was faster than me.

“For the record I’m not drunk, just a whole lot of tipsy.” He turned away from me. “I fucked up Chad. I fucked up real bad.” He faced us once more and his eyes were filled with anguish. All the anger I felt about him drinking evaporated in that second. Adrian was like a big brother to me and I felt his pain. I walked over to him and gave him a hug and he held on for dear life.

“You know if you weren’t my best friend and I didn’t trust you I would be jealous of the way you’re clinging to my woman right now.”

“Chad shut up! He saw me naked remember?”

“Don’t remind me.”

Adrian pulled away from me and went to take another sip from his bottle but I beat him to it. “Oh no! You have had enough. Now you are going to sit and tell us what happened and what exactly you meant by fucked up.”

He kind of look embarrassed about what he had to say and Chad must have picked up on it.

“Alexis can you give us a minute?” I started panicking a little. I really didn’t want to leave his side with the storm going on outside.

“Its fine, she can stay.” He got up and started pacing. When he finally stopped he released a breath and looked at us. “I slept with someone.” I must not have a heard him right. “Excuse me, what?” The storm outside now forgotten. He stuck his hand in his jeans pocket and looked at the floor. “I slept with someone and now the guilt is killing me.”

“I sent you out to look for Alyssa and you have been fucking around this whole time? I can’t even look you right now. It’s been months! Months since she left and even had her baby. You should have found her by now, but I guess you were too busy fucking some whore.” Chad left the room and Adrian looked at me with pleading eyes. That was the most I’ve ever heard Chad say in one breath, which means something.