Chapter 3 - Night terrors

CHAPTER NOT EDITED

Chapter 3 - Night terrors

Zaphaya's POV

Her screams were what woke me in the middle of the night. I quickly made my way to her room bracing myself for what I would encounter tonight.

She has been here for three months and for those three months every night she would wake up screaming.

I pushed her door open and stopped short. Her screaming came to an abrupt stop. That was weird. She normally screamed for hours upon end. I passed the sitting room and found my way in her bedroom. A figure was standing by her bed with its back turned to me. I could feel that it meant her no harm.

"Who are you?" I asked. I didn't get a response because at the sound of my voice the figure vanished.

When I focused on Alyssa she was floating and her hair glowing like a halo around her head. She looked peaceful; almost angelic. I made my way over to her and shook her gently. She didn't budge. I did it again and still she didn't move.

I was getting worried because I didn't know what was happening and what could happen to the baby.

"She's in a coma," I heard a voice say.

I spun around to be greeted by the same figure as before. I couldn't see his face though.

"Who are you," I asked the cloaked figure.

"It doesn't matter. What matters is that for now she is resting peacefully without nightmares. She needs this rest for her and the babies."

Before I could get another word in the figure vanished. Who was he I thought, and why didn't I see him coming? More importantly, how does he know Alyssa and what did he mean by babies?

Alyssa's POV

My body felt at peace. I opened my eyes to be greeted by those black orbs I loved so much. I blinked and he was gone. I sighed out loud. He wasn't real. A tear escaped and I hastily wiped it away.

"I see you're awake."

I turned my gaze on Aunt Zaphaya.

"I've only been asleep for a couple of hours Aunt Zaphaya."

"You've been asleep for three days." Her gaze bored into me.

"What?"

"I was hoping you could tell me what happened."

What she was saying didn't make any sense. It wasn't real. It couldn't have been real. It was a dream. My mind was just playing tricks on me.

*Flashback*

I was having one of my usual nightmares. I kept on replaying the death of Dimitri over and over in my mind. Then I saw the faces of all the people I had killed. They haunted my dreams every night. I remembered screaming when I saw the sword pierce his chest but woke up with a start when a hand brushed my cheek.

"You've been a bad girl Kitten. Why are you not eating? You're endangering the life of our children."

I hung my head in shame. I knew he was right. I needed to take care of this child and I have to eat to do it.

I was just so angry at every one.

"You died."

"I died," he said. "But you are punishing our babies for me dying and leaving you."

"I miss you."

"I know. I miss you too Kitten. We'll be together again someday."

"I dream about them. All those people I killed. I was just so angry. I wanted them to die. But now I keep on seeing their faces."