Chapter 35 - Memory lane

AS PROMISED, ANOTHER CHAPTER.

NOT EDITED

Chapter 35 - Memory lane

Adrian

*Flashback*

"I told you that you don't have to follow me around like that." She smiled. "So you're not going to talk at all?" She shook her head from side to side. "Why? Are you afraid you'll say something you don't want to?" Again she shook her head from side to side. "Liar." I could see the hidden smile behind her eyes. "What is it? Are you afraid to talk to me?"

"It's not that. I feel weird around you."

"Is that so?" I crossed my feet and leaned against a tree.

"You always seem to know what I'm thinking."

"That's because you're very obvious Liah." I could see that I had hurt her feelings by saying that. "I didn't mean to make you feel bad. You're a child. I can't be with you no matter how much you want me to be." I had somehow managed to hurt her feelings even more. "Look at me." She didn't. "Are you defying me already?"

"I'm not yours so I don't have to do everything you say." I found this little defiance from her amusing. "Okay then. Eighteen." Her head snapped up. "Huh?"

"I'll give you until you're eighteen. If you still feel the same way then, I'll make you mine. Do you think you can control yourself until then?" She nodded. "Use your words Liah."

"Yes."

"Okay. But until then you have to train twice as hard and twice as long. You don't have your powers yet but that doesn't mean you can't prepare."

"What the hell was that?! Are you trying to kill her? Do you want me to hurt you?"

"You told me to not go easy on her."

"Did I tell you to use your fucking powers on her? Did I? Hand to hand combat! Was that so hard to understand? Are you retarded?"

"Aid, he was just doing what you told him to do."

"This is why I don't want you to train with them! For this fucking reason. Look at your arm. Is it broken?"

"Aid I'm fine."

"Not another word Liah! Go to your room. As for you, I'll deal with you later."

"It was just an accident Adrian. We all get hurt in training at one point or another."

"That's not an excuse Nikai. I specifically told him no powers. She's fragile and defenceless without her powers." He scoffed. "Have you seen her fight? Nothing about that girl is fragile."

"That's because I trained her. Believe me I know what I'm talking about."

"I'm sorry Aid."

"Your arm is broken. Before I can heal it I have to reset the bones." She sighed but said nothing further. "Your birthday is tomorrow. What do you want to do?" She shrugged. "It's your eighteenth birthday Liah. There must be something you want to do."

"Your hair."

"My hair?"

"I want to braid your hair."

"You want to braid my hair?"

"I've never seen you wear it any other way before. I've always wondered what you would look like with it in a single braid."