Chapter 40 - It all comes crashing down

I KNOW A LOT OF YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING PATIENTLY FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. WELL, HERE IT IS! JUST TO WARN YOU GUYS...I'M NOT GOOD AT ACTION SCENES BUT I TRIED. HOPE YOU ENJOY.

NOT EDITED...

Chapter 40 - It all comes crashing down

Alyssa

"What did you do to that boy? He can't look you in the eye."

"I didn't do anything to him, Alyssa. I have no idea why he's like that."

Chad snickered beside her and that made it even more obvious she did or said something to him.

"Uhuh, I'll pretend to believe you."

As planned we all went out to a nice restaurant and then a club to chill for a while. Of course I had my reasons for giving them the day and night off, but only Adrian knew why. Blake had disappeared a while back. I did feel bad for Aria, but they had to work on their shit themselves, and things were about to get a whole lot more complicated for them. "Worry about your, princess." I rolled my eyes. We definitely weren't going to get into that topic. His wound was still fresh from the last time.

"We're going to disappear now." Alexis took Chad's arm and started pulling him away. "Have fun!" I shouted over the music. They were just too cute. I'd be jealous if I wasn't happy myself.

Adrian's arms wrapped securely around me and I leaned into his embrace. I knew eyes were on me, but what do I care? He is my man. And to prove it I pulled him in for a kiss, which he didn't hesitate to return.

As the night went on, we each disappeared to do our own thing. We did deserve some fun after all. "Come on." Adrian took my hand and started leading me away. "Where are we going?"

"We're leaving. I have a surprise for you." Surprise? I was excited to find out what he had in store for me. "I've been getting a lot of surprises lately." He smiled. It was so good to see a genuine smile from him and I couldn't help but return it. I even tried not to frown when Liah appeared asking to talk to Adrian for a minute. Because I had decided to put aside the jealous girlfriend act, I gave them their privacy and went off to pretend to do something. Since Adrian and I had restored our trust in each other, his connection was back to being open with me, which I was glad for. It was torture for me not being able to know what he was thinking or feeling.

"What is it Liah? I was just about to leave."

"I just wanted to talk to you. I haven't been able to since I got here."

"And you know why that is. You think I wouldn't know you were intentionally trying to provoke her while acting innocent? I know you better than you think."

She seemed to drop the innocent act then.

"I want to be yours again."

I scoffed out loud. She really wanted to die by my hands.

"No. I already have another. Your time is over and has been for years."

I was definitely cheesing at Adrian's response to her.

"What we had was special, Aid. You can't deny that no matter how much you want to."

Oh please.

"What we had was a mutual understanding that ended with both parties consent. I've long since moved on. You should too, Liah."

"How can I move on when you left me for her? You threw away everything we had for someone you didn't even know. Does she know she is my replacement?"