Chapter 15 - Caught between a rock & a hard place

CHAPTER NOT EDITED. AS USUAL, I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. VOTE OR COMMENT.

Chapter 15 – Caught between a rock & a hard place

Alexis

The door slammed shut so fast I didn’t have time to react. He just walked out on me. My anger rose and I turned on him. “What the hell are you doing here? Are you trying to fuck up my life?” He smirked at me but didn’t answer. How the fuck was I supposed to explain Nik to Chad. This was the last place I thought I would ever see him. As a matter of fact, I never expected to see him ever again. “Are you going to answer me or sit there staring?”

He studied me for a minute. “You love him.” It was a simple statement, but I could not find the strength to either confirm or deny.

“That is besides the point. I will ask you again Nikai, what are you doing here?”

“You’re avoiding. That’s okay. I’ll get the answer soon enough.”

He rose from the chair and my eyes could not help but rake over him. He looked good, but then again, he always did.

“Can you stop eye raping me? There are children present.”

His words were like an iced cold bucket of water being thrown on me. The whole reason Chad had to come down here in the first place was because of this. My gaze wondered to the bundles he cradled in his arms and again I couldn’t help admiring his muscles that stood out. There was something really familiar about the babies. I stepped closer to get a better look. They were twins. One of them seemed to be fast asleep, while the other had his gaze fixated on me.

They both had black curly hair and black eyes. These features were so familiar to me but I just couldn’t place them. A name flashed across my mind so fast I barely heard it. It was then that I realized why these babies looked so familiar.

“Have you figured it out yet?”

Our gazes connected and I deciphered the message he was telling me.

“Are you telling me that...are you saying that...these babies are...” I took a breath so that I could get the sentence out. “Are these my sister’s kids?”

“If your sister is Alyssa, then your guess is right.”

My eyes narrowed. I got very suspicious when he confirmed what I was thinking. This was definitely not a coincidence. I was going to get to the bottom of this. Putting my hands on my hips, I stepped back and glared. “How do you know Alyssa, where is she and how did you end up here with her sons? I’d think carefully before thinking about lying to me.”

“I did not kidnap them if that’s what you’re thinking.”

I wasn’t buying it. “You need to tell me everything, and make it quick.”

“Short version? I was sent to find Alyssa and notify Adrian about her whereabouts, but I just couldn’t find it in me to tell him where she was. So, I kept that piece of information to myself and accepted Alyssa and her aunt’s offer to stay with them. I did, until the attack and these little guys and myself being kidnapped. Alyssa came after us on planet X. She got injured and made me promise to get Alekzandier and Domnik off the planet. From what I can tell, the planet has been destroyed and their race wiped out.”

“So where is Alyssa?”  He looked away from me guiltily. “Kai, where is my sister?” My voice had gone up a notch.

“I don’t know.”

“What do you mean you don’t fucking know?”

“I mean I can’t remember what happened or how I got here.” His face took on a puzzled looked and I could tell he really had no idea how he had gotten here.