Chapter 14 - Destroyed

CHAPTER NOT EDITED. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT.

Chapter 14 - Destroyed

Dimitri’s POV

Dammit! I can’t believe she got away. I could have sworn I had her. Now she was lost to us again. All around me, the planet was crumbling. Everything was burnt beyond recognition. From people to animal, to trees and plants. I looked around, trying to get some sense of direction. As I was standing there, an earthquake started. Piece of the ground beneath my feet started to fall away. I couldn’t waste any more time thinking about the Sae. I had to get my sons and Alyssa off this planet before it no longer existed.

The boy and Keira was exactly where I left them.

“What the hell are you two still doing here? You should have been back on Atron by now! You,” I pointed at the boy. “You have a task to do. Why are you still here?” I ignored Sakiera all together. She wasn’t worth it.

“I’m not leaving Alyssa.”

“You are obligated to Alekzandier and Domnik. Now I suggest you get off this planet before you sink along with it.”

He glared at me but obeyed, picking up Alekzandier while signalling for Sakiera to take Domnik.

“No, you carry them both. I don’t want them separated in the event this one tries something.” He nodded.

“How are we supposed to get out of here?”

“Just go! Find a spot that you can stand that Alyssa hasn’t destroyed yet, they will take care of the rest.”

I looked longingly at my sons, but I had more pressing issues now. If what Zaphaya said about him being the Tao was true, then I have no doubt in my mind that he will protect my sons and them him.

I snapped out of it. “Now go!” I didn’t waste any more time with them. I ran from the room and followed the shaking, going deeper and deeper into the heart of the turmoil. Debry flew across my face, and I had to duck to keep them from hitting me in the face. The more I ran, the darker it became.

Alyssa seemed to have sucked the sun out of the sky. There was only darkness. I prayed the boy would be able to see and not get hurt. Sakeira I didn’t care for.

It became harder and harder for me to see, but I was determined to get to my kitten. I had finally managed to locate her. She was kneeling on the hard floor. All around her was fire. It looked as if it was almost caging her in. I sprinted over to her and knelt in front her. Her eyes were focused on something far away. She was staring out into the distance. The red eyes really did look creepy, but to me she still looked beautiful.

“Alyssa!” I shouted, but she continued to ignore me. She was chanting over and over. “Must destroy.” I tried shaking her but there wasn’t any response. She just continued chanting and staring straight ahead. Explosions went off in the distance one after another. The wind picked up and the fire grew hotter. She released a small gasp and clutched her stomach. My eyes followed her actions, and that’s when I realised she was bleeding.

“No,” I whispered. The colour drained from my face. “Alyssa!” I shouted her name. “Snap out of it kitten.” She started coughing up blood. More explosions went off in the distance and they were getting closer and closer to us. Everything seemed to be closing in on us. If I stayed here any longer she would die along with the planet. I made a quick decision and hoped I didn’t regret it later.

I took her carefully in my arms and prepared to disappear. A cry stopped me from leaving. I turned in the direction of it, and my anger flared.

“What the fuck are you still doing here?”