Chapter 4 - Beware of your choices

CHAPTER NOT EDITED. SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES.

Chapter 4 - Beware of your choices

Nikai's POV

I had no idea why I had just lied to one of my oldest friends. There was just something about this girl that screams 'protect me'. I'll just keep a close eye on her for a while just to be on the safe side before turning her over to Adrian.

"Why did you leave so suddenly?"

How long had she been there I wondered.

"How long have you been there?"

"Long enough," she said. "Now what was that about? Why did you leave without finishing your breakfast?"

I studied her briefly. She had on a white summer dress that stopped a little below her knees and white flip flops.

"Walk with me," I said.

She hesitated before eventually hooking her hand in the crook if mine.

"What's your story Nikai? Why are you really here?"

"Kai," I responded automatically. "Call me Kai. I already told you why I'm here. My friend ditched me for some business meeting so I'm on my own until he gets back."

She shrugged. "Okay, if you say so."

"How about we start off by being friends?"

"Start off?" She raised one perfectly arched eyebrow. I was almost smitten. I could see why Adrian was so caught up.

I chuckled. "Fine, how about we be friends?"

"Okay friend, tell me about yourself."

"My name is Nikai Vosh. I was born and raised on Planet Yu. I've travelled a bit to other planets but can't seem to settle anywhere. I'm twenty-one years old, a Virgo, single and a passionate lover...well so I've been told."

I was captivated by the laugh that escaped from her. It sounded rich and vibrant, almost magical. I could see that she was startled by it as much as I was fascinated, which made me wonder why.

"Passionate lover huh?"

I smirked. "Now your turn."

"Okay, my name is Alyssa Ryo...Seizan. I'm nineteen years old. I'm from Planet Dronan, and I'm also a Virgo. My favourite colour is white and I love strawberries. How was that?"

"That was boring." I faked a yawn. "Give me something more."

She thought about it for a second.

"Let's see...I'm very sensual. I love long walks on the beach, and I like an experienced, dominant, yet tender lover."

I felt a stirring within my crotch.

Alyssa's POV

I smirked when I saw his chocolate coloured eye darken to almost black. He ran his hands through his spiky black hair and swallowed a couple times before he spoke again.

"That was much better," he managed to get out.

"I'm hungry," I said. I decided to take pity on him. He stuffed his hands into his jeans pocket and composed himself before speaking again.

"You just ate."

"And? I'm hungry again. I want a shake."

He eyed me. "A shake? Really? Is that good for the baby?"

"Aww, you almost sound concerned."

I stopped to get my shake and we continued on our journey. I haven't really been outside much since I got here so it felt really good to just stroll and take in the sights. To add to that, I had no friends here so Kai was a welcome distraction from everything I had been thinking about since the battle.