Chapter 16 - Cards on the table

CHAPTER NOT EDITED. REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT.

Chapter 16 – Cards on the table

Alexis

The blackness had finally faded and I could now open my eyes. I glanced cautiously around to ensure that that tiger was nowhere in sight. My sister’s face greeted me. Blake hovered in the background. They both were waiting for an explanation.

“Why do you have to be so dramatic Alexis? Was passing out really necessary?”

Blake chuckled from his position in the room. She glared at him and his chuckle turned into a cough. Well at least now I knew what happened. I wasn’t swallowed by a giant tiger who I slept with.

“What happened?”

“We were hoping you could tell us,” Blake said.

“He turned into a friggin’ tiger.” I sat up abruptly. “Where is he? I need him to explain to me what the hell happened. He almost attacked me! Attacked me because I wanted to hold my own nephews.”

“You do know you’re not making any sense right? A man turning into a tiger? That’s impossible.”

“So is floating babies, but we saw that didn’t we?” Aria glared at him and shut him up at the same time.

I got up from the bed. “So I passed out. What happened after that?” They exchanged looks. “Tell me what happened.”

“Chad found the boy kneeling beside you naked and snapped. He pummelled him almost into nothingness.”

The way Blake said it so casually without a care in the world was disturbing.

“Chad did what?" I tried not to show my anger. “Never mind. Where are they now?”

“My guess is, your guy is getting cleaned up, and your other guy is probably in the dungeon.”

I glared threateningly at Aria. “Nik is not my guy!”

“Oh, there’s no probably about it. He is in the dungeon, all bloodied and bruised,” Blake interjected.

I didn’t bother telling them where I was going. I headed quickly for the cells. What the hell was Chad thinking? Could he not have dealt with the situation without getting physical? When I got there, guards were stationed at the door. What for, I had no idea. They gave me a look that said Chad would not be happy, but I didn’t care. I stepped pass them without as much as a glance. Nik was sitting on his cot in the corner, looking like a hot mess. I was furious. I stormed back to the guards.

“Give me the key to his cell.” They ignored me. “I said give me the key!” Again they ignored me. I wanted to scream. I pushed pass them and stormed up the stairs and down the hallway. I had no idea where he was, and I was not about to walk all over and look for him.

“Chad!” I bellowed at the top of my lungs, still making my way to our room. “Chadmar Luke Ryonan, you get your ass out here this minute!” I was fuming. He appeared almost suddenly out of one of the many bathrooms we had in the palace. His torso was bare and I couldn’t help but to stare. He had such a beautiful abdomen. His six pack stood out among his creamy skin.

“You’re okay.”

I noticed he had his knuckles wrapped in an ice pack.

“How dare you?”

“Excuse me?”

“How dare you lay a finger on him? What the hell is wrong with you! You could have done some serious damage.”