Chapter 36 - When bonds are tested

Not edited

Chapter 36 - When bonds are tested

Aria

"Take me home." For the past four hours I had been sleeping away my pain. There was nothing else I could do. On top of that, I was told Blake isn't dead but that he doesn't want to see me. He gave orders to keep me away from him and also moved me out of our room.

"Even after everything he said to you, you still want to go back to him?"

"He's my mate, and he's hurting. He might not want to see me right now, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stay away."

"I'm your mate! What about me? I'm sick of hearing about Blake this and Blake that! I'm your fucking mate Aria! Get that through that thick skull of yours."

By the time he was finished, he was panting hard. I've never seen him so worked up before. What was his problem?

"Look, I can't think about anything else right now. I need to go home to sort out the mess we created." He gave me an unreadable look. But at this point in time I was only concerned with one person, and that was Blake.

"Fine. If you want to leave, go ahead and leave. I'm not going to force you to stay. At the end of the day you'll still have to make a choice."

How did I always find myself in these situations? Why am I always trapped between two men? If only my life was simpler. I'd like to say that the decision was easy, but it was far from being that. Leaving Zane felt wrong, yet not going to Blake also felt wrong. "Zane..."

"What?" His eyes sparkled with anger, but they were still beautiful to me. I just wanted to kiss him.

"Please don't be angry with me."

"Why shouldn't I be? I have to sit back and watch you choose that boy over me time and time again. I have watched you try to live a life you are clearly not meant to live, because of that boy! He is never going to give it up for you, so you resort to changing yourself for him. While I on the other hand would willingly give up my life to make you happy. You asked me before if I could give up my subs for you. Well I'll answer you now. I would."

Well this is a turn of events. I was literally speechless.

"Zane, I..."

"You don't have to say anything Aria. I already know."

He left the room and I plopped down heavily on his bed. I didn't know what to do. I've never experienced this Zane before. I don't know how to deal with him. "Ugh." I wish there was someone I could talk to. It's all so confusing. One part of me is saying Blake, another part is saying Zane, and there is this one part that's saying both. What do I do? Zane is clearly hurt because of my decision. That was something I never expected.

"Let's go. I'm taking you home."

"Wait. I'm sorry." What I was sorry about I wasn't really sure. He didn't respond anyway, and I was left with my own thoughts to deal with on the journey home. I think he deliberately drove just to torture me.

"I drove to clear my head. Torturing you is the last thing on my mind right now." I accepted his explanation with a nod.

When he dropped me off he didn't say goodbye, and because I was too stubborn I didn't say anything either.

I sighed. Now it was time for me to face the music.

"I don't think you want to go in there."

It's been so long since I've actually seen Nate. Everything felt weird and out of balance since I met Zane. He wasn't even around much these days anyway and I didn't miss him. Nate used to be my voice of reason. He was the one I would go to when I wanted to talk or if I had a problem. But now, the only person I could think of in situations like those was Zane. It's like I've replaced Nate with Zane.