Chapter 39 - Three's a crowd

I'M NOT SURE WHAT'S GOING ON WITH MOBILE WATTPAD BUT THIS WILL BE BE THE FIRST UPDATE SINCE DECEMBER. EVERY OTHER NOTIFICATION I THINK WAS A GLITCH ON WATTPAD'S PART.

ALSO I'M NOT SURE IF THIS CHAPTER WAS MIXED UP WITH ANOTHER OR SYNCED OR WHATEVER BECAUSE I GOT NOTIFICATIONS SAYING I HAVE COMMENTS ON A  CHAPTER I'M SURE I DIDN'T UPLOAD UNTIL NOW.

REGARDLESS, I'M SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT. DO ENJOY AND PLEASE COMMENT & VOTE.

NOT EDITED

Chapter 39 – Three’s a crowd

Alexis

“So nice of you to grace us with your presence your majesties.” My voice dripped with sarcasm. It was after midday and they had missed the morning training session without so much as an explanation. Apparently no one seemed too concerned about an army of witches attacking us anymore.

Adrian shrugged but Alyssa answered me. “We were busy.”

“I bet you were.”

I knew something was going on with them, but I just couldn’t place my finger on it. On the outside they seemed fine, but I would bet my ovaries on the idea that there was something else going with them behind closed doors.

“Anyway, practice is cancelled today. You have the day to do whatever you like but I was hoping we could all go out tonight just to take a breather and get to know each other better, those of us who don’t that is.”

“All of us?”

“Yes.”

“Even uh...” Chad nudged me in the side signalling for me to shut up.”

“Yes, everyone in this room is invited.”

“Am I missing something?” Aria asked. “I have a feeling we’re missing a lot of things,” I said. I was going to get some answers today though. I didn’t know what transpired between Alyssa and Adrian, but I was definitely going to get to the bottom of it. “I can see the wheels spinning in your head Alexis. Stay out of their business. Believe me, whatever happened you do not want to know about it.” What was Chad going on about now? “Oh no, I really do want to know. Aria and I will definitely get to the bottom of it.”

“Fine, whatever. There is no use trying to persuade you when you’re like this anyway.”

Aria and I exchanged the look. The one that says some sister bonding time was needed. We haven’t hung out in a while and I kind of missed it. “Come on.” I grabbed Aria’s arm, gave Chad a quick kiss and made my way over to Alyssa.

“We are stealing you away for the day. Say goodbye to Adrian and come along.”

“What? I can’t. We have plans.”

The way she was eye-raping Adrian I could tell exactly what kind of plans she had.

“It’s fine. You can go.”

I didn’t miss the disappointed look on her face when he said that. But I didn’t waste time dragging her away. Chad and I made eye contact. I didn’t have to voice what I was thinking; keep Adrian occupied, and keep Liah away from him.

“All right, spill.” We sat down with our smoothies and people watched. “Spill what? There is nothing to tell. We had a fight and we worked it out.”

“You’re lying Alyssa.”

“Yup,” I nodded at Aria’s words.

“Something happened between you two and I want to know what.”