Chapter 20 - Catch me if you can

CHAPTER NOT EDITED. DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE.

Chapter 20 – Catch me if you can

Alyssa

It’s been three days. Three days since we’ve been in this house, and every night I would have the same dream. In my dream it was always the same. Adrian would find me and capture me. He was like a different man in these dreams than I knew. He seemed harsher. He would punish me for running away, and do things to me that I thought he would never be capable of doing to me in a million years.

It got to a point where I was afraid to go to sleep, just because I didn’t want to dream about those horrible things. That was how on the third night I found myself in a bar throwing back shots. I wasn’t in the mood for company, and turned down every guy that had the balls to approach me. I could feel their eyes on me, but I never even gave them the time of day. I had a nagging feeling that something was going to happen, but I drowned it out with bourbon.

I could feel one particular eye on me from across the room. Somehow it felt different, but I still ignored it.

I sense him before I saw him and my heart jumped. “That look doesn’t suit you princess. It’s more your sister’s style.” Oh God, that voice. I just wanted to eat him up. My heart started racing. I slammed my glass down on the table and turned to face him. It took all I had in me not to jump him. His familiar gold eyes blazed with anger, but his face was emotionless. I wasn’t ready to face him.

“I see they sent you to do their dirty work.” I couldn’t help it. I panicked as soon as the words left my mouth and disappeared. I didn’t go far though. The truth was, I missed Adrian. I wasn’t even sure why I was running anymore.

I took a breath and leaned against his bike. In less than a minute he came rushing out. He stopped abruptly when he saw me leaning there. He looked good. His black jeans and t-shirt fit him like a glove, and his hair hung down his back in that single braid I was always so fascinated by.

“You’re still here.”

“I’m still here.”

We stood staring at each other, and I once again got pulled into all things Adrian.

“No!” I shouted. As soon as I realized that I was falling under his spell again, I ran. I knew I had just made this into a game of cat and mouse, but I didn’t care. His footsteps echoed behind me down the alleyway, and I ran faster. I was stupid to even think I could outrun him.

“Alyssa, stop! I’m not here to hurt you.” I didn’t stop. An iron clad grip on my hair jerked me to a stop and back against a hard chest. “I said, stop.” He spun me around in his arms, and I tried not to focus on the sensation of being in his arms once again. I wasn’t going to give up so easily.

The grip he had on my hair was so tight I didn’t think it was possible for me to get free, but I did.

I took in the familiar surroundings of my kitchen and breathe a sigh of relief. I was safe, for now. I had managed to get away.

Kai walked in as I was getting a glass of water.

“When did you get in?” As I was about to respond, there was a flood of light. The glass fell from my hands. “What the hell?” Kai had covered his eyes to protect them from the flash. “You didn’t think you would get away that easy did you princess?” I backed up as he walked forward. Before he could reach me, Kai was in front of me blocking him. Adrian seemed to notice him for the first time.

“Hello Nikai. Should I deal with you now or later?” He moved so fast, none of us knew it was coming. Kai was held off the ground by Adrian’s hands which wrapped around his throat. Was it wrong of me to find him really hot right now? I pinched myself. What the hell was I thinking? He would kill him.