Chapter 30 - Make me forget

CHAPTER NOT EDITED.

PLEASE REMEMBER EVEN THOUGH THERE HAVEN'T BEEN ANY NASTY SEX SCENCES FOR A WHILE, THIS BOOK IS STILL FOR MATURE READERS. OF COURSE I CAN'T STOP ANYONE FROM READING, BUT PLEASE READ RESPONSIBLY.

Chapter 30 - Make me forget

Aria

So many emotions were taking over my body. I didn't know whether to scream, cry or laugh. He brought back memories I had tried so hard to bury. Memories I wish I could forget.

I drove around for hours, not have a particular destination in mind. There was just so much going on, so many things I didn't want to deal with.

I never really thought much about the man who was my father from that day so long ago. I guess I somehow associated him with bad memories.

Ugh! I just wanted to forget! Is that so fucking hard?

I didn't know when or how I got there, but I found myself parked outside an apartment complex I've seen only twice before. Why am I here? I'd be lying if I said subconsciously I didn't want to be here. I wanted to see him again. Just this once. This man was a mystery to me, and I was intrigued.

The truth was, I was scared of this insane attraction I felt towards him. That was the main reason why I separated myself from him so quickly. But right now, I needed someone who wasn't close to the situation. I needed someone to make me forget. So against my better judgement, I got out of the car. As if in a trance, my feet started to move forward, and before I knew it I was at his door. I didn't want to admit to myself the real reason I came. My life was already complicated enough as is.

Since I was already at his door, there was no turning back now. I sighed deeply and rang the doorbell.

Shirtless...he was shirtless.

My eyes roamed his body without shame. His body was a work of art. And that tattoo, it gets me every time.

"Aria?"

I vaguely heard him call my name, but I could not stop my eyes from devouring his body. Fingers snapped before my eyes and broke the spell before I even had time to appreciate the work of art in my sight.

"What are you doing here?"

Suddenly, I was back at that place again. The place where everything hurts, and every memory felt like a stab to my spine.

"I..." I opened my mouth but no words came out. I just stood there with my mouth hanging open and no sound escaping. What am I doing here? I snapped out of it quickly. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come here. I spun on my heels preparing to exit. He grabbed me. "Wait!" I paused for a brief moment, but that was all he needed to pull me inside and close the door.

"Is something wrong?"

Everything. Everything's wrong was what I wanted to say.

"I don't even know how I ended up here. I should leave."

I really didn't want to. I just wanted to be around someone who wouldn't pester me or demand information. I wanted to forget. I wanted him to make me forget. My eyes connected with his.

"Make me forget."

"I'm sorry?"

"I want you to make me forget my problems...just for tonight."

"What exactly are you asking me to do?"

"I'm asking you to make me forget."

He took a step back.