Chapter 7 - Queen bee

CHAPTER NOT EDITED

Chapter 7 - Queen bee

Alyssa

"Oh don't look so surprised Kai." I carefully used my hand to close his mouth. "You can't possibly think that I had no idea. I liked your company and your friendship so I kept you around. Besides he hasn't turned up here yet so you must have done something right. Was he upset?"

He continued staring at me. I rolled my eyes. Do I have to spell everything out for him?

Alekzandier started to stir just then. Within seconds his black eyes were opened and looking around. They must be hungry. I decided to feed Domnik while Kai regained his bearings.

I hummed lowly while I gave Domnik his bottle.

He finally managed to utter something.

Alekzandier started fussing so I told him to pick him up while I burped Domnik. He moved like a robot and picked him up automatically. When I was finished with Domnik I did the same thing over again with Alekzandier.

"You didn't answer my question Kai. How is Adrian? I bet he was really mad at you."

"How did you know?"

"First I had a feeling that it was one of my family members but they wouldn’t know where to start. So after thinking about I realized there was only one person a part from Dimitri who knew me well enough to actually send a tracker after me.”

The confusion was evident on his face. I cocked my head to the side and studied him.

“What do you know Kai? What did he tell you to get you to come after me?”

“Nothing.”

He had finally found his voice.

“Nothing? You take a job and know nothing about the target?”

“He’s a friend I was doing him a favour. Who are you really Alyssa? It seems like I’m missing quite a bit of the story.”

I smiled.

“I think I do owe you an explanation. You have been loyal to me so far. Although, I do wonder why you chose to betray your friend? Adrian is not a guy you would want to cross, especially now. Let me start from the beginning. So I told you my name was Alyssa Seizan, well my married name is Ryonan. I was married to Dimitri Ryonan who was King of the planet, therefore I’m...”

“Queen,” he finished.

“Yes I’m Queen of this planet, which he should have told you. Before I got married I was living at the castle, but Dimitri was a Dom and I just couldn’t submit so I ran away. Dimitri’s brother helped me and suggested I stay with his friend; Adrian. That’s how we met. Adrian and I have a connection. To put it bluntly, I love him. Anyway, the then Queen died so I had to leave Adrian and go back home to my mate Dimitri. After plenty of compromising we were happy together, until the invaders attacked our Kingdom and killed him.”

“You’re the Queen of a frickin’ planet! The most powerful planet in the universe at that. You didn’t think you needed to tell me this?”

I rolled my eyes and continued playing with Alekzandier.

“I thought you knew. How was I supposed to know Adrian didn’t tell you anything?”

“Why is he searching for you?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know, but he won’t find me. There are things I need to do before I can go home.”

“So you do plan on going home?”

I scoffed. “Of course I do. I am the Queen after all. It’s what I was trained for. It’s what Dimitri would have wanted me to do. Besides, you’re coming with me.”

“Ha! If only.”

I stared at him.

“You’re serious? Alyssa I can’t go back with you. He’ll kill me!”