Chapter 18 - The Visitor

Adrian

He watched her from across the room. Even though her hair was a different colour, he could tell by the tightening in his jeans that it was her. She wore black jeans with a leather jacket and black combat boots and sat at the bar throwing back shots. Every male's eyes were trained on her. If only they knew how dangerous she is. She wiped out an entire planet all on her own. Nobody knew how she did it. All they heard were the stories.

He'd been tracking her for the past eight months. Every time he came close she would disappear, but she won't escape him this time. He made his way slowly over to the bar and took the seat beside her. "The look doesn't suit you Princess. It's more your sister's style." She slammed her glass down on the table and turned to face him. Gold eyes clashed against gold. At least she didn't change that about herself.

"I see they sent you to do their dirty work," she said. And before I could get a word in, she vanished before my eyes. "Damn it!" I growled out under my breath before bolting outside and getting on my bike.

For eight long months he had been hot on her trail. How she managed to get away from him every time he didn't know. Now she's gone again. How will he find her again? This was the closest he had ever gotten. All the other times all he heard were her thoughts. He started to think she might have been playing with him all along.

I woke from the dream with sweat dripping from my body. Over and over I sucked in huge gulps of air ensuring my lungs were working properly. I wasn't sure if that was really a dream or a kind of vision. I just couldn't tell these days. How long had I been like this? Hearing and feeling things until eventually I passed out from the pain. All parts of me ached, and I could tell I wasn't up to my full strength.

"About time you woke up. You stink."

He was right. I did stink.

"How long have I been out?"

"Four days."

I was on my feet now. "What? Four days? Fuck!"

"Don't worry about it. I took care of it."

"Took care of what?"

"The club. You didn't think I'd let your business close while you were doing whatever is you were doing. Alexis is over there."

"What? You sent Alexis over to my club? Either you have lost your goddamn mind or you are so pussy whipped you don't know which way is up from down. Never mind, I need to shower and get rid of this stink. Thanks man. I'll bring her back as soon as I've cleaned up."

I knew that I had to get Alyssa back as soon as possible. The longer she is out there, the more danger she's in. For the past four days my mind has been working in overdrive, piecing together all the different pieces of the puzzle. Suddenly it all seemed to fit together.

A shower was definitely what I needed. With striking clarity I exited the shower and shaved quickly. I had a mission to complete and now I knew with clarity that I would find her. My hunt will start tomorrow. I have had enough of the running and just about enough of the royal bullshit. I'd just like to live my life the way I used to. I wrapped a towel around my lower half, and took one for my hair. It was dripping everywhere. I don't normally keep it loose, but I was just too tired tonight to do much about it. I hated braiding it by hand, and that's what I would have to do in order to save my strength.

"Took you long enough."

My hands stopped midair and I turned in the direction of the voice. I should have been surprised, but I wasn't. Like I said, the past few days have been a revelation for me. He stood leaning against the door with his ankles and arms crossed. He had this arrogant air about him, and his face had the look as well.