The Fall from Greatness

(March 28th)

Skylar walks to Dumbledore's office after he had sent her a letter to her dorm.

"Sherbert Lemon" Skylar says to the stone Griffin yo enter Dumbledore's office. A staircase then appears and Skylar walks up it.

She knocks on the large brass doors and opens them when she heard Dumbledore call for her to enter.

When entering the office Skylar notices Dumbledore standing at his desk his back turned to her. She walks up the stairs wondering what he wanted.

"You wanted to see me sir?" Sky states. The man nods and then turns to Sky with a slight smile.

"Yes, I was wanting to have a talk with you. As you know I'm getting older. So there is a chance I won't be here much longer, and due to this I need you to promise me something" Dumbledore exclaims calmly making Sky's smile fall a bit.

She didn't like the idea of Dumbledore passing away, not one bit. She knew it would eventually happen but hopefully not for a long time. He along with all the staff members of Hogwarts are like family to her. She can't imagine going on without any of them.

"What is it?" She asks trying to smile once more for Dumbledore.

"Harry has a lot of challenges which lay ahead of him. He may not think he's strong enough but he is. He needs someone there for him to help him during trying times. I need you to be that someone when I am no longer here. I need you to know eventually he must chose between what is right and what is easy. But no matter how hard it is he must choose what is right for it is the matter of the entire Wizarding world which lays in his hands. This is the inevitable but eventually, Harry will have to Die at the hands of Voldemort and Voldemort only. Or at least the part of Voldemort within Harry must die. Be he can not know of this until the very end" Dumbledore explains To Sky whose eyes widen slightly.

"I can not tell you everything but in the end, As difficult as it is to come to terms with, just know in the the truth and goodness in the world will prevail. I realize this isn't what you want to hear but you must trust me for this is all I can tell you." Dumbledore continues looking Sky in the eyes with sincerity.

Sky turns her head for a moment thinking. As much as her head wants to trust Dumbledore her heart is begging her to put a stop to all of this.

But if what Dumbledore says is true, this time Listening to her heart is the last thing she needs to do.

"Do you understand Skylar?" Dumbledore asks the girl who nods with a straight face.

"I do" She says softly somehow her brain has finally overcome her heart this time.

"Good. I trust you to due what is right for not only the Wizarding world but also for Harry's sake. Dumbledore adds as he walks over to the girl putting his frail hand on the girl's shoulder in a comforting way before handing her a jar.

Sky looks at the jar slighly confused at first before realizing it to be a jar of Lemon drops.

"You've grown into a intelligent, loving, and kind woman. I an behond proud of you Skylar." He says with a smile making Sky's lips form a slight smile as she looks at the man she has seen as a grandfather her whole life.

"Thank you Sir" Sky says then hugging the man before walking out of the office.

"I'll see you later" She calls out right before she leaves to return to her dorm.

Skylar goes to her dorm since class had ended a few hours ago. She does a bit of her homework and eats one of the Sherbert Lemon Drops while tapping her quill on the peice of paper.