the lot box

Salish and Nidal were planning a trip to the mountains for a weekend getaway. They had been looking forward to this trip for months and had everything planned out. They had packed their bags, made reservations at a cozy cabin, and even planned out their hiking routes. However, there was one thing they still needed to bring – the lot box.

The lot box was a special box that Salish's family had passed down for generations. It was believed to bring good luck and fortune to whoever possessed it. Salish's family had always taken the lot box on their trips, and Salish was determined to continue the tradition.

Salish had asked Nidal to pick up the lot box from her parents' house on their way out of town. Nidal had agreed, but when the day came, she was seven months pregnant and feeling exhausted. She tried to convince Salish to leave the lot box behind, but Salish was adamant about bringing it.

Nidal knew how important the lot box was to Salish, so she didn't argue any further. She picked up the lot box from Salish's parents' house and brought it to the car. As they drove towards the mountains, Nidal couldn't help but feel grateful that Salish was so passionate about her family's traditions. She knew how much it meant to Salish, and she was happy to support her in any way she could.

When they arrived at the cabin, Salish immediately placed the lot box on the mantle. She lit a candle and said a prayer, thanking her ancestors for their guidance and protection. Nidal watched as Salish closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She could see the love and respect Salish had for her family's traditions, and it made her love her even more.

As the weekend went on, Salish and Nidal had a wonderful time exploring the mountains and enjoying each other's company. They hiked to beautiful waterfalls, watched the sunset over the mountains, and