Snowy days

Salish woke up to the sound of gentle tapping on her window. As she slowly opened her eyes, she realized that the tapping was accompanied by a soft white glow seeping through her curtains. She sat up in bed, her heart filled with excitement. It was snowing outside!

Jumping out of bed, Salish hurriedly put on her warmest socks and slippers before making her way to the window. She pulled back the curtains, and her eyes widened in delight. The world outside was transformed into a winter wonderland, with snowflakes falling gracefully from the sky, covering everything in a pristine white blanket.

Unable to contain her joy, Salish rushed to her closet, searching for something cozy to wear. Her hands rummaged through the clothes, until they found her husband Nidal's favorite hoodie. It was a soft, oversized hoodie that smelled faintly of his cologne. Salish smiled, knowing that wearing it would make her feel closer to him, even though he was away on a business trip.

She slipped into the hoodie, feeling its warmth envelop her body. The fabric was so comforting, as if Nidal's presence was embracing her. Salish zipped it up, burying her hands in the front pockets. She could almost imagine Nidal's arms around her, protecting her from the cold.

With the hoodie on, Salish ventured outside, her footsteps leaving a trail in the freshly fallen snow. The air was crisp and invigorating, and she couldn't help but twirl around, her laughter echoing through the silent neighborhood. The snowflakes danced around her, landing gently on her hair and shoulders, as if nature itself was celebrating her joy.

Salish's neighbors, who were also reveling in the snow, greeted her with warm smiles and cheerful waves. They admired her choice of attire, knowing how much Nidal's hoodie meant to her. It had become a symbol of their love, a tangible reminder of their connection.