figement of her imagination

One fateful night, as the moon shone brightly in the sky, Salish found herself trapped in a terrifying nightmare. She dreamt of being chased by dark shadows that whispered eerie words in her ears. The nightmare felt so real that she woke up in a cold sweat, her heart pounding in her chest.

Shaken by the vividness of her dream, Salish turned to her husband, Nidal, who was peacefully sleeping beside her. She gently shook him, hoping he would wake up and comfort her. As Nidal slowly opened his eyes, he saw the fear etched on Salish's face.

"What happened, my love?" Nidal asked, his voice filled with concern.

Salish took a deep breath, trying to calm her racing heart. "I had a nightmare, Nidal," she whispered, her voice trembling. "It felt so real, as if those shadows were trying to consume me."

Nidal sat up, his eyes filled with worry. He wrapped his arms around Salish, pulling her closer to him. "You are safe now, my dear," he reassured her. "Nightmares may be scary, but they cannot harm you."

Salish found solace in Nidal's comforting embrace. She knew that he would protect her from any harm, even if it was just a figment of her imagination. "I know, Nidal," she replied, her voice filled with gratitude. "But it felt so real, as if it was a warning."

Nidal kissed the top of Salish's head, his love for her evident in his touch. "Sometimes, dreams are just our minds playing tricks on us," he said softly whispered words her to carm her down.