sick

Salish woke up to a sick feeling in her stomach. The discomfort was so intense that it jolted her out of her peaceful slumber. Rubbing her eyes, she slowly sat up in bed, trying to shake off the grogginess that still lingered. As she swung her legs over the side of the bed, the queasiness intensified, causing her to wince.

Determined to find some relief, Salish stumbled her way towards the bathroom. Each step felt heavier than the last, as if her body was resisting any movement. The cold tiles beneath her feet sent a shiver up her spine, but she pressed on, clutching her stomach.

Reaching the bathroom, Salish leaned over the sink, staring at her reflection in the mirror. Her usually vibrant eyes were now dull and tired, mirroring the unease she felt within. She splashed some water on her face, hoping it would alleviate the discomfort, but it only provided a temporary distraction.

Suddenly, a wave of nausea surged through her body, causing her to double over. Salish barely had time to react before she was sick, her stomach emptying its contents into the toilet bowl. The retching sounds echoed through the small bathroom, leaving her feeling weak and drained.

As the last remnants of sickness subsided, Salish sat back on the cold bathroom floor, her breathing heavy and laboured. She felt utterly defeated, unable to comprehend why her body had betrayed her in such a way. Thoughts raced through her mind, wondering if it was something she had eaten or if she had caught a stomach bug.