pain

Salish woke up with a heavy heart, the pain of her recent miscarriage still lingering within her. It had been a few days since  she lost her unborn child, but the ache in her soul seemed to intensify with each passing day. She longed for the child she would never hold, the dreams that would never come to fruition.

As she slowly got out of bed, a sharp pang shot through her abdomen, causing her to double over in pain. Tears welled up in her eyes as she clutched her stomach, desperately trying to alleviate the physical and emotional torment she was enduring. It felt as though a part of her had been ripped away, leaving an empty void that seemed impossible to fill.

Just as Salish was about to collapse under the weight of her grief, her husband Nidal rushed into the room. His eyes filled with concern as he saw his wife in distress. Without a word, he rushed to her side and gently wrapped his arms around her, offering the comfort and support she so desperately needed.

Nidal held Salish tightly, his embrace serving as a shield against the pain that threatened to consume her. He whispered soothing words into her ear, assuring her that he was there for her, that they would get through this together. Salish clung to him, finding solace in his presence.

Together, they slowly made their way to the living room, where Salish sat down on the couch, still clutching her stomach. Nidal sat beside her, his hand never leaving hers. He knew that words alone could not heal her wounds, but he hoped that his unwavering support would provide some comfort.