Chapter 6: Bus stop

Someone once told me that sometimes to remember who you are, you have to look in the mirror

Someone once told me that sometimes to remember who you are, you have to look in the mirror. Seeing the reflection of your own soul.

But the only thing I want to do when I look in the mirror for a long time is to break it.

Punch it right in the middle and watch it shatter into hundreds of tiny pieces.

Feeling the pain of the glass cutting into my knuckles, watching them slowly bleed.

And that's exactly what happened, and also why I bought a new mirror.

Just to make sure it wouldn't happen again the moment I hung it up, I left the apartment.

By the time I got to the bistro, which I thought about more than I should have, it was already dark.

With my hood covering my hair from the rain and my hands in my pockets, I stood in front of the windows while I looked inside.

She was there again.

I treated her like an asshole and she definitely didn't deserve it.

But what would I say to her if I went in? Because I'm pretty sure I would have offended her by mistake.

I focused my vision and saw myself in the reflection of the glass. My jaw clenched and I took a few steps back before continuing down the sidewalk.

I shouldn't be here.

I walked until I came across the nearest bar. Lucky for me, I found one just a few blocks away.

I didn't look at it from the outside or the inside. I didn't care what people were walking or sitting around me. I headed straight for the counter and sat down on one of the taller stools.

The barmaid, who had red hair and a darker skin color, immediately came to me with a smile.

"Vodka," I told her when she asked me what I wanted.

She turned to pick up a bottle of vodka and a small glass, which she placed in front of me before filling it.

I stopped her hand as she started to turn with the bottle. "I'll take the whole bottle."

Surprised, but with a little smile, she placed the bottle on the counter while I dropped the money next to it.

"You're not from here, are you?"

"I like to drink in silence." I simply told her.

"Let me know if you want to change that." She winked at me and moved on to other customers.

I downed the first glass, and before I even felt the pungent taste in my throat, I was pouring another.

"Hello, honey." I heard a guy's voice a few meters away. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that four guys had come to the bar.