Chapter 50: Talks

"Seriously?" I raised an eyebrow at Adrian, who was sitting on the couch with his feet on the table and a bottle of beer in his hand

"Lexi?" He turned to me and that's when I noticed a bruise on his left eye and a torn eyebrow.

"You hit a customer." It wasn't a question, but a statement.

"Happens." He just lifted his shoulder, and for some reason that only pissed me off more.

"Happens?" I took a few long steps in front of the TV, to which he turned. "Put that beer down." My eyesight burning a hole in his head. "Now."

Adrian rolled his eyes and placed it on the table in front of him after taking his legs off. "Happy?"

"Not even close." I crossed my arms over my chest. "What happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it." He stood up from the couch, but before he could take a step, Stefan stood in his way. "You too?"

"Come on, Adrian. You're not in a good headspace right now."

"So now you're ganging up on me? Where's Lincoln and Luca, I'm surprised they're not here." He slumped back onto the couch, pouting like a little kid.

"Stefan, can I talk to him alone for a moment?" I walked closer to both of them.

"Sure." He nodded after a slight hesitation and stepped back. "I'll be in my room if you need me." And he disappeared at the door of his room.

I took a few steps to the couch and sat down next to Adrian, who had his arms crossed over his chest and his attention on the TV. Or at least his eyes were looking in that direction.

Without saying a word, I leaned toward him and wrapped my arms around him so that I could hug him. He stiffened under my touch.

"What are you doing?"

I didn't answer him just hugged him tighter.

"Lexi." Where he had sounded so confident before, now he sounded like he was going to fall apart in seconds.

I ran my hand to the roots of the hair on his neck and buried my head in his neck. A quiet sob left his mouth before I felt his hands on my back.

Adrian doesn't like to show his emotions. Or at least sadness. He's not the type to cry, but I think he needs it. I think he needs to have a good cry, not like he did at our Jeremy's funeral where he wiped away the tears before they fell out of his eyes.

"It's okay," I whispered. "I know you miss him."

He started sobbing uncontrollably and I was glad that he finally allowed himself to grieve properly.

I don't know how long we sat in silence before he continued to cry. I held him and didn't let go until he did it first.

He slowly pulled away from me, his eyes red and his cheeks wet from all the tears. "It's not fair."