Chapter 17: Gifts

"I hope you realize that we don't have any discounts for people who come here every day

"I hope you realize that we don't have any discounts for people who come here every day." Laughing, I walked over to Finn, who was sitting in his usual spot at the edge of the bistro. "You're even worse than my guys." I put a cup of coffee in front of him.

"What can I say, I like it here." He smiled, and the moment I noticed the small dimple on his right cheek, I almost melted.

"So your daily plans involve hanging out at the bistro?" I put one hand on my hip.

"It's better than what I would do in my apartment." Something in his eyes darkened for a small moment.

"So if you don't have better plans." I looked over the counter where the clock was. "I finish in half an hour and I'm going to get Jeremy a present for tomorrow, you can join," I suggested with a little soul, hoping that he would join me.

For some reason, I like spending time with him. I don't know why, but with him, I just feel...not alone.

"I would like that." He nodded and half an hour could never come sooner.

I swear every second dragged on for at least a minute. I almost ran out of the dressing room with excitement that my work was over for the day.

At the door, Finn was already standing in all his glory. How can something as simple as a black T-shirt and pants look so good on someone? What is the secret? Is it magic? Deal with the devil?

I walked up to him with the bags containing the cake molds that Monica had lent me. I saw his confused look at the bags, so I told him what it was about.

"Are you going to bake it today?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Mhm. I finished two hours early to catch up on everything. Ready?"

"After you." He pointed to the door. "Oh wait." He jumped in front of me and opened the door.

I couldn't help but laugh.

"So we should probably put this aside first." I picked up my bags. "They would be unnecessary trouble. We'll stop by my house along the way and—"

"Or we can put them in the car." He took the key from his pocket and unlocked the car, which was standing a few meters away from us.

I'm not a huge car fan, so all I know about it is that it's black and looks really expensive.

"Oh." Finn started walking towards the car with me close behind. "Looks expensive." Good job, Lexi.

"My brother bought it for me." He shrugged before walking over to the trunk, opening it, and helping me put everything in there. "I don't use it much, see no scratches."

"You don't like driving?" I guessed.

"Something like that." He waved his hand over it and I let it go.