Chapter 30: Pancakes

"He's not home," I announced to Finn after trying to open the front door of my house

"How do you know?" He asked standing behind me.

"He doesn't lock." I took the keys out of my pocket and unlocked the door. I walked in, Finn right on my heels. I heard him mutter something under his breath, but I couldn't quite understand him. "I just need some clothes." I pointed to the stairs.

"Okay." He nodded and we started walking together to my room.

The guys accepted without a problem that I would be with Finn for a while. I don't know how it happened, but I'm glad for it. I really need to get out of the house for a while and especially from my father.

What he did is inexcusable. How could he be so reckless? After everything I've done for him, this is what I get?

"Can I help in any way?" Finn spoke up, standing in the doorway while I walked over to the closet. "Pack some..." He looked around my room. "Books, for example."

"How long are you planning on keeping me a prisoner?" I laughed.

"I don't plan on letting you go." He said with only a small hint of humor before walking towards my small library. "What's your favorite book?" He started looking through my books.

"That's like asking what's your favorite ice cream."

"Vanilla." He answered without hesitation.

"Of course." I rolled my eyes. "I can't choose a book." I shrugged my shoulders. "But if I had to choose the authors..." I thought. "Ana Huang, Elle Kennedy, Lauren Asher, Lily Gold, and many more." I named him a couple of authors by whom I have read more than one book and loved every single one.

"What are they writing about?" He looked at one of the books in his hand.

"Um...things." Good save, Lexi.

I can't tell him what they are about because all I can think of at this point are all the scenes that some people would consider porn on paper. And maybe they would be right in their own way.

"And I thought they were just blank pages." He put the book back. "Would you like some with you?"

"No." I waved my hand over it. "If so, I'll stop by Stefan at the bookstore."

"He works in a bookstore?" He asked with interest.

"Yes." I nodded and threw a few pairs of socks into my bag. "I'm just going to go to the bathroom for a few things." I quickly ran from the room to the bathroom and took a brush, a comb, shampoos and a makeup bag.

When I got back to my room, I regretted leaving Finn alone in my room with access to my books. I found him reading a page from the Den of Vipers book.

"This looks like..." He cleared his throat. "Interesting book." I ran up to him and closed it, almost pinning his fingers there.