Chapter 32: Tent

"Are you 100% sure this is a good idea?" I asked Lexi as I watched her pack her things on my bed

"Are you 100% sure this is a good idea?" I asked Lexi as I watched her pack her things on my bed. "I can take my car. It'll be more convenient than squeezing into one with three other people."

"Two." She corrected me. "Just Jeremy and Ellie. And it's a lot more reasonable since it's far." She stood up and closed her travel bag. I can tell from her smile that she is happy with herself. "We can go."

I cleared my throat. "Sunshine?"

"Yes?" She looked up at me.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" I tried my best not to smile.

"Uhm…" She frowned and thought about it for a second. "Clothes, shoes, towel, toothbrush..." She listed about a million other things. "I have everything, I think."

“Oh, I'm sure you have everything packed." I laughed and looked down her body. "But are you going wearing that?" I pointed to her white pajamas with little roses.

"Oh." Her gaze dropped to her outfit. "Shoot."

"You must be really excited." I pushed myself away from the wall and walked into the living room. I picked up a pile of clothes from the table and went back to her. “You're lucky I washed them yesterday and put them away." I handed Lexi her clothes. "Leggings, a t-shirt and my zip up hoodie if you're cold. You'll probably have to roll up the sleeves or you'll drown in it." I looked up at her and that's when I noticed her surprised expression. "What?"

"You washed my clothes?" She asked cautiously.

"The washing machine did most of the work, but yes." I said proudly, but immediately realized that it might be weird for her. Shit, I didn't think it through.

"That's…" She took her things from my hands. “Thank you Finn." She stood on her tiptoes and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. However, even the slightest contact of her lips with my body caused my entire skin to burn.

"Any time." I cleared my throat. "I'll wait for you at the door." I walked past her, took her bag from the bed and placed it by the door, next to mine.

When I went into the kitchen to get some water before I left, I regretted it. Out of the corner of my eye, I caught Lexi by the bed, putting on a t-shirt. I turned quickly but not quick enough as the moment I closed my eyes I saw her bare back and the outline of her breasts. Fuck me.

I came to get some water, but I'll probably need a cold shower. Shit, Finn, why didn't you just stay at the door?

Before she noticed me, I walked back to the door and Lexi joined me a few minutes later. The fact that I knew that she had nothing on under that tight, short, white T-shirt only made me unnecessarily nervous. But there was a bit of luck on my side, as she at least wore my hoodie. Thank God I gave it to her.

"Jeremy just texted me, they're waiting for us downstairs, ready?" She asked as she rolled up the sleeves.

"Let's go." I bent down for our bags and Lexi with me." Whoa, whoa, whoa, what are you doing?" I stopped her when she was about to take hers.