Chapter 51: Fight

"I'm coming!" For the third time I shouted towards the door that someone had been knocking on continuously for the past two minutes

"I'm coming!" For the third time I shouted towards the door that someone had been knocking on continuously for the past two minutes. I wanted to ignore it, but whoever it is, they don't want to leave.

I put my hand on the cold handle and opened the door wide. I was shocked to see Killian standing behind them.

"What the..."

"Christopher, we're not going to talk about this again." He slipped past me, talking to someone on the phone. If I remember correctly, Christopher is one of the people he runs the mob with. "My decision is final. Yes, I'm sure." He stopped in the middle of the room and turned to me. He tiredly ran his hand over his face. "Christopher." He said between his teeth. "We'll talk when I get back to New York. Until then, forget you have my number." He took the phone from his ear and turned off the call, even though the guy's muffled words could still be heard from the other end. "Can you believe it? He finally stopped bothering with the Cubans, but started talking about the Germans."

"Killian, what are you doing here?" I frowned.

"I'm here to kick your ass." He pointed at me with his hand holding his cell phone. "Val is calling me like crazy that you're not picking up, and since she's in Europe on vacation right now, she couldn't come. Do you even know how hard it was to convince her not to buy a ticket the moment you didn't pick up your goddamn phone the first time? And the fact that you didn't answer me and my messages, I'm not going to mention that for your sake."

"I think that says it all. I wanted to be alone..."

"Well too damn bad." He took a step towards me. "We've always handled you with gloves because we were afraid of what would happen to you, but you're a fucking grown-up, act like one. When one of your siblings calls you, you pick up so I don't have to fly from New York, leaving my daughter there."

I swallowed hard. "That all?"

"No." He said through gritted teeth before taking another step towards me and wrapping his arms around me, hugging me tightly. "Shit Finn, don't do that again."

I wanted to say I'm sorry he had to leave Lucy home alone because of me. That I'm sorry for ruining Val's vacation that I didn't even know she was on. That I messed something up again.

However, I remained silent.

"What the hell is going on? I thought things were getting better." He pulled away, and when he saw that I wasn't saying anything, he spoke again. "Fine, the hard way then? Sit down and start talking or I'll go get that blue-haired annoying neighbor Val told me about." He looked at me seriously.

"This is my apartment, you can't order me around here," I said a little more quietly than I had planned.

"I'm the one paying for it, so sit your ass down before I sit you down." He was joking. I think.

Not entirely voluntarily, I sat down on the couch, Killian following my movements.

"Are you going to talk or should I threaten you a little more?" He raised an eyebrow.