Chapter 31: Feelings

"No

"No." I said as I opened the door to find Zack standing behind it.

"I haven't even said anything yet." He looked at me annoyed.

"Your point?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You're in a good mood I see." He slipped past me into the apartment and sat down on the couch. "I thought you'd be in a better mood with Lexi staying here."

"How do you know she's staying here?" I closed the door and sat next to him.

"Luca mentioned it." He shrugged.

"He can talk? I thought he just rolled his eyes and growled like a dog."

"That's my boyfriend you're talking about, be careful." He pointed a finger at me threateningly.

"Boyfriend? Are you official?" And why do I even care?

"Well...it wasn't said out loud." He looked away from me.

"Mmm." I put my hand on his back. "It's good to have an imagination."

"Dickhead." He slapped my arm and I couldn't help but laugh.

"So what are you doing here?"

"I haven't bothered you in a long time, so I stopped by."

"Ah, so you missed me." I smiled.

"What were you talking about imagination?" He snorted.

"Dickhead." I laughed.

*****

Zack and I didn't leave the couch for almost the whole day. Only later, when Lexi arrived, did we turn our attention away from the TV.

"Hello, beautiful." Zack smiled at her.

"Hey, Zack." She gave him a small smile and I knew from that alone that something was wrong. She looked worried. "Would you mind if you left us alone for a while?" She gripped her left hand with her right, shifting nervously from one foot to the other.

"Yeah, sure. Looks like someone's got a problem here." He whispered to me as he got up from the couch.

I ignored his comment and kept my eyes on Lexi. I don't feel good about this.

Zack disappeared from my apartment, closing the door behind him, and leaving the two of us alone.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She spoke first.

I paused for a moment, wondering what I hadn't said to her, but I couldn't think of anything. I told her everything after all. At least I think so.

"Lexi, what are you..."

"Pancakes." She cut me off.

"Oh." I breathed a sigh of relief, reassuring myself that it was nothing serious.