Chapter 37: Truth or dare

"I'm not playing this shit

"I'm not playing this shit. Truth or dare? What are we 12? Why don't we play spin the bottle?" Jeremy said sarcastically.

"Someone is afraid of ending up naked in the lake." Ellie laughed before taking a drink from a bottle of beer.

"He has reason to be afraid." I raised my shoulder.

"Lexi." He said warningly.

"No. No. No. Don't stop her. I want to hear everything." Ellie nearly climbed over his legs to get closer to me before everyone else burst out laughing.

"So basically..." I started but Jeremy quickly cut me off.

"Alright, let's play. Ellie, truth or dare?"

"I see what you're doing, Merlin." She straightened up. "We will talk later." She winked at me and I just laughed. "Okay, hmm..." She mused, glaring at Jeremy in an attempt to read his thoughts. "I'm not risking it, truth."

"Look who's afraid of ending up naked in the lake now." He laughed.

"Funny." She rolled her eyes, but the smile didn't leave her face. "Your question, we don't have all day."

While Jeremy pondered a question, my gaze drifted to the lake where Stefan was sitting with Adrian. They have been there for a while and we decided to let them have a proper talk. Even Destiny left them to have space.

"What is something I do that you appreciate?" He smiled proudly.

"You really want me to boost your ego, huh?" She snorted.

"Answer or do a dare. It's up to you." He shrugged.

"You notice little things. And someone like me really appreciates that." She replied with a bit of sadness in her voice. I knew what it was about. Ellie has no parents. She was moved from one house to another from a young age and never found a stable place. "Now me." She looked at everyone. "Luca. Truth or dare?"

"Ouch." Jeremy clutched his chest and put on a hurt expression.

"Child." She rolled her eyes.

"Dare." Luca answered and it was obvious since there's a better chance he'll talk less in the process.

"In this circle." She pointed at us. "Give one person a kiss and another one a slap."

"Whoa Ellie, you want one of us to leave with a black eye? Look at his hands." I have to agree with Lincoln on this one. If you want someone to hit you so hard that you'll end up in the hospital, call Luca. But, there is little chance of that happening because Luca avoids fights.

"Then hope he doesn't choose you." She took a sip of her beer.

It was obvious that he was going to choose Zack, who was sitting on his left, for the kiss. However, we didn't expect it to be a kiss kiss.