Opposite AU 『 Cooking lesson 』

Requested by HorsedogTheHorsedog

Word count: 683

- - - - -

This idiot...

Y/n felt like they where getting a migraine as they watched Opposite rampage through their kitchen, making a mess.

Somehow he managed to get a kitchen cabinet from the hinge, cups and plates scattered on the floor (thankfully it was made of cheap plastic material) and what looked like a burnt meal was dumped in the sink.

He hadn't even noticed their presence, way to stressed as everything was going out of his control.

His red hair normally styled was full of tangles and had strands hanging loose. His purple and blue cardigan had some stains on it. His red neck tie had fallen onto the counter.

Opposite wanted to surprise Y/n with a nice dinner for the two of them but he hadn't taken in accounting how bad he was at cooking.

Normally he got meals from Howdy's shop that where already ready and only needed to be warmed up in the microwave (but bro like everyday?).

When he felt a tap on his shoulder he nearly felt his heart stop beating for a moment, not ready to face them yet.

Opposite let out a annoyed huff as he swatted their hand away. "Neighbor, why are you here? Please leave."

Y/n scoffed, raising their eyes at him. "My apologies mister intruder but I live here, mind explaining this to me instead."

"I... I'll clean it up. Just go outside or something and come back when I call for you."

"I can clearly see this is stressing you out. Let me assist you."

They tried to comfort him but he being as prideful as he is had a hard time accepting help. He crossed his arms, looking away with a annoyed expression.

God he was such a handful to deal with- Lucky for him that you loved him.

First things first Y/n used their fingers to adjust some of Opposite's hair, earning a satisfying hum from him.

After that they collected his red tie, neatly hanging it around his neck, making sure it wasn't wrapped to tight. The stain on his clothes could be washed out later.

"You gather all the fallen objects and put them back while I'll clean out the sink." They instructed, using a spatula to poke in the burnt food. "What where you attempting to make?"

"It's salmon obviously!" He said like it was the most obvious thing ever. "It's still edible..."

The the human let out a chuckle, shaking their head in disbelief. They playfully nudged the yellow puppet in his side, not trusting his words.

"Sureeee~"

"It's not that bad, stop giggling like that!"

It only made them laugh louder as he marched away to focus on his tasks.

"Now we wait for the water the boil before we add the pasta, once in it occasionally needs to be stirred." Y/n explained, deciding on a simple dish to to make, pasta pesto.

"I'll cut the tomato's, you can cut the chicken in small pieces, make sure to wash your hands after you are done for hygiene." They continued talking, speaking in a soft tone.

"Sounds easy enough." Opposite replied, his overconfidence returned.

He made sure they looked away before letting out a shaky breath, slowly cutting down the raw meat in front of him.

The texture felt disgusting, he had to retreat his hands a couple of times, shushing he had put on gloves.

"Your such a drama queen~" Y/n commented, rolling their eyes.

"Ew- Why didn't you buy chicken that was already cut beforehand." He only gagged, poking it with his knife.

"Want me to do it?"

"No! I was supposed to cook for you, it would be rude if I didn't contribute."

Opposite firmly shook his head, still feeling bad about his earlier attempts at creating dinner. Y/n smiled, understanding how he must be feeling.

They gently placed a hand on his shoulder, giving it a light squeeze. Yeah they would let him do his thing...

But if he burns everything again he can pay you back for ruining your groceries!

- - - - -