Vaquero AU『 No Spanish? 』

I finally wrote about Vaquero Wally, for you cloverleafgreenbean

Also have heard the new song Spanish or Vanish? It's great and it gave inspiration as it reminded how horrible I am at this language. 😔

ANGST??

Word count: 1463

- - - - -

The cartel was in need of new workers, the last few proved to be distrustful and spies where not welcome, so new applications where in order. Narco Home held up a signed contract for his face, grinning as he saw the name written down of his newest asset. Vaquero, who had been more or less persuaded under stress to sign his free will and human rights away. If only he knew-

He carefully put the important documents away, hiding it in a carefully selected place.

As long as he had these papers none of his staff would stay out of line, these where legally binding contracts, all in his own favor. And if someone still acted up he had other more painful means.

Narco Home stood up from his desk as he heard his guest arrive. He opened the door for Y/n, like a gentleman but his actions where calculated and firm as he invited them in his office. It wasn't so much as a invite as it was a demand.

"Me alegra que hayas venido con tan poco aviso, cariño."

(Glad you could came on such short notice, darling.)

"Yeah... no worries, anything for the boss."

He dismissed their uncomfortable chuckle, used to it from them.

Narco Home was a towering figure (a puppet not a sentient house in this au), decked out in a black cowboy suit that matched his intimidating demeanor. His fiery red hair peeked out from beneath his black cowboy hat, and his piercing green eyes struck fear into the hearts of his enemies. He knew he could come over as intimidating.

Y/n on the other hand, was a bumbling member of the cartel. They had inadvertently stumbled into the criminal life as they too had been desperate for a job unaware it would be anything like this, dealing in illegal substances and drugs.

They zoned out slightly as their bossy boss was starting off a whole story in Spanish, the language spoken by everyone here.

Everyone that wasn't YOU.

Y/n has always done their best to blend in, not to stand out in either a negative or positive way. They had accepted the fact they couldn't leave this cartel, the only way that was possible was in a body bag and they preferred to stay alive breathing and well. So they just did what they where told, nodding along to conversations they did or didn't understand and hoping for the best. Their biggest struggle in life really was the language barrier.

And somehow no one knew about it. Their lack of understanding even when whole business meetings or appointments where given or shouted in Spanish. All cause they where good at faking they understood it all (and secretly using a shitty translator app when no one was looking).

Y/n got snapped out of their daydreaming as Narco Home's eyes pierced though them, slightly frowning as he was getting suspicious they weren't paying attention. And he didn't like that.

"You got it?" He said condescendingly.

"SI- I so got this! But uhmm if you could just repeat that last part, that be soooo amazing." They nervously smiled, as they frantically moved their hands unsure where to keep them.

He looked unimpressed with their statement but gave in, repeating his words, still in spanish this time.

"Dije que mostrarás alrededor a mi nuevo trabajador Vaquero, su primer día fue bastante... desordenado y creo que podría usar un recorrido extra y una presentación. ¿Puedes encargarte de eso, verdad?"