Lovesick AU『 Infected 』

ANGST

Word count: 971

- - - - -

Lovesick perked up, as he heard footsteps getting closer from the outside, someone walking on the porch of Home.

His highlight of the day, a visit from Y/n. The only one who was there for him, the only one who didn't abandon him while he was sick.

He wanted to rush towards the front door to greet them but got held back by it, his own house was keeping him trapped inside.

"Darling... your back! I was afraid you forgot about me." It sounded desperately, followed up by hands scratching the door in a attempt to get it open.

"Lovesick please take it easy, don't put more stress on yourself. I don't want you to suffer more than you do already." Was the reply, it sounded concerned yet so comforting.

The yellow puppet was to distraught to listen, he didn't care if he got hurt, he was already in immense pain. He just wanted to see the human, indulge himself in their radiant smile.

He wanted to hear them say everything was going to be alright. That he was cured and could roam around in the neighborhood.

"Today you'll stay longer right? I... I missed you so much."

"I missed you too my lovely puppet."

Lovesicks eyes consisted of hearts pupils, they lighted up at Y/n's words, shining ever so brightly.

Y/n let out a heavy sigh, taking hot shower before prepping themselves up for visiting Wally again.

Currently Home was quarantining him (keeping him locked inside) so he couldn't endanger any other residents.

It was heartbreaking to see one of their beloved friends in such a pained state but it was needed to keep everyone safe.

Y/n took it upon themselves to get groceries and other necessities for Lovesick, checking up on him and cheer him up as best as possible.

But it has gotten to a point where it was more and more difficult to leave, the screaming and begging screwed with their mind.

Guilt eating you up inside... afterall it was you who got him sick.

A few weeks ago Y/n's eye caught the sight of a funny looking tree with hanging flowers, thinking nothing they had plucked one as a gift for Lovesick.

The biggest mistake of their life.

It turned out to be a angles trumpet and everyone but you had known the dangers.

He had recognized the plant as poisonous but he simply couldn't refuse a gift from his most beloved neighbor so he accepted it thinking he just put it in a safe place not wanting to sadden them by throwing it away.

After that he started getting sick, headaches to hallucinations and coughing up blood.

Frank being a bookworm having done a study on the angles trumpet took notice of his symptoms early on and notified everyone of the sickness.

Any type contact with a patient of such a disease could cause it to spread.

So everyone distanced themselves from the poor infected resident...

For Lovesick the loneliness and feeling of abandonment hurted him deeper than any of his physical pain he was undergoing. He couldn't stand being cut off just like that.

More days had passed, with time passing by his mental state had grown more delirious. Memories became fuzzy and he couldn't think clearly anymore.

There's was only one thing, one person who he couldn't stop thinking about. He often saw Y/n, just in the furthest corner of his vision but if he tried to focus the image disappeared.

... why did they avoid him, didn't they still love him?

Cause he sure loved them, next time they came he wouldn't let them leave his side ever again.

"H-Hey! I'm back again, I even brought some apples with me as a small present."

Y/n could be heard, as they nervously began to ramble on. Lovesick suppressed a adoring chuckle, as he laid limp on the floor.

He had been pretending to have fallen unconscious, Home had tried to communicate with him but he had ignored it.

"Is everything okay?" Y/n asked more urgently, directing their question both at Home and Wally.

The house let out a worried squeak, it sensed the yellow puppet wasn't dead but knew it wouldn't be long before he might actually die.

The human began pacing around on the porch, nervously biting their nails. Their eyes widened as the front door slow opened.

Was it safe enough for you to enter now?!

Y/n hesitantly walked inside, letting out a gasp as they saw Lovesick laying on the ground. A worn out robe loosely wrapped around him, his hair messy, his skin looked to be burning up from a fever.

"Nonono you can't die!" They cried out, rushing over, ignoring all the safety protocols.

"Oh darling it's been so long~" He giddily replied, his eyes shot open intensely.

As quick as a snake he wrapped his arms around them, trapping them in a possessive embrace. As they tried to crawl away his grasp on them only tightened.

Y/n stared in horror as Lovesick gazed at them with a crazed expression, a unknown black substance was dripping from his mouth and eyes.

"Stop it, your getting me infected like this!"

"I know! Isn't it perfect, now we can both stay together in sickness, I won't be alone anymore."

The yellow puppet placed a loving hand on the humans face, the contact making him shiver in delight. Without thinking, at this point only acting out on his desires he kissed them.

It wouldn't be long before they where infected just...like... him.

Finally something went right in his life. He got what he yearned for so desperately.

- - - - -